Ugly scam, Ugly car, warning people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly scam, Ugly car, warning people.

Im not sure if anybody spotted this also, but I ended up starting a conversation with this person called Diana who claims to be selling an 1970 911T very cheap (AU$6800) but tragic 964 conversion, but none the less, still very cheap for a supposedly running registed rust free car.
    The has been hanging around ebay for about a year now usually not meeting its reserve and finishing up at about $20000, so when I can across it listed as a classified ad for $6800 curiosity got the better of me.

Get the best deal for products in Motors from the largest online selection at eBay.com.au | Browse our daily deals for even more savings! | Free delivery and free returns on eBay Plus items!
    Attached Files

Here is our conversation via email. [read from the bottom up the page]

Hi Kris,
    Just wanted to let you know that I haven't received ebay's confirmation and instructions to start the shipping. The shipping company is car transport ACR australia . Please let me know if you can confirm the payment today so I can make preparations to start the shipping.
    Thank you and have a great day

Diana

Hi,
    can you please let me know which shipping company has the car and where they are located.
    Thanks.
    Kris.

Hi Kris,
    I don't understand you agreed with the terms how am i suppose to be in person there i have a lot on my mind here , if i could be there to sell my car in person i wouldn't have to make this contract with ebay. The car is at the shipping company i told you in my previous emails and i don't have any other relatives there all my family lives here. I see you're not so serious as I thought, i've send you all the details to check the car including pictures with me and the car but it's ok this things happened to me in the past...It's not like you will send money to me, this is the procedure.

Hi,
    I don't need you to send the car to me as I will be up ther next week, its just an extra cost for you which can be avoided and I could just give you cash in person or do you accept paypal. Who has the car now, is it your ex husband or a friend, and where exactly is it located.
    Thanks.
    Kris.

i understand your concerns but you will not send money to me and after all you will have 5 days to inspect the car and only after the inspection period you will make a decision. I don't ask you to buy a car without testing it but also i don't want to send the car to someone who is not serious . The deposit will be held by ebay and only in case you decide to buy my car you will announce ebay to release me the founds, if you find something wrong i'm assuming this risk for you to send the car back on my costs ( i know that my car has nothing wrong with it, it's in good shape you will not find nothing to change up you mind in buying it)
    Thanks

Hi,
    the terms ok but I would rather see the car in person and feel it before I send some cash to Italy.
    Thanks.
    Kris

Hey Kris, I thought we had a deal you said the terms are ok with you , i need to know if you are still buying my car ok i'll find another buyer.
    Vin - 9110166541
    Engine no - 6200796

Thank you and I'm waiting your final answer.

Diana

Hi,
    I will still like to view the car in person in Queensland before I send payment and other details like chassis numbers and engine numbers would also be helpful. I will be up their next week.
    Thanks.
    Kris.

Hello,
    I just wanted to let you know that I've received the invoice from ebay and I'm waiting for instructions to start the shipping.
    Have a great day

Diana Morris

Hi,
    My shipping address is
    1 Neale St
    Katoomba
    NSW
    Shipping may not be nessersary as I will be up north next week to inspect the car and may drive home, More info and photos would be great.
    Thanks.
    Kris Wong.

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I am literally overwhelmed by the number of offers.
    I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my car and also to clear some things first of all.
    The car is located in Gold Coast, Queensland sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.
    According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    Here you have the terms and conditions of the sale:
    I will need the following details from you: full name(and i need your real name because i will use it for the transfer of the title), full shipping address(where you want to receive the car).After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car.The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days with the car at your home.If you find the car unsatisfactory at the end of the 5 days inspection period, you have the option to return it to me at my expense(i am sure it's not the case)
    The car will be sent with all the papers and documents required for registration(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual,2x keys,etc).This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable.
    Therefore, if you agree with my terms and conditions, please send me an email with your full name and full shipping address to start the transaction.

Cheers

Hi,
    I am interested but would it be possible to speek to you or someone in Australia who knows the car. More infomation would be great [chassis number, engine number, is it an origianl right hand drive, who mantains the car, etc].
    I live in Katoomba NSW 2 hours west of Sydney but will be in Byron Bay this Wedensday coming for about a week, would their be a time when I can see the car.
    Thanks.
    Kris.

Hello there and thanks for your interest,
    The car is in perfect working condition, with no scratches, no rust or damage.It was always garaged and never been smoked in.The interior is very clean and the title is clear, no liens or loans.The price is $6,800 with shipping/handling included and it's not negotiable.The car is registered in Australia on my name and address but currently I am located in Rome, Italy because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home.In order to make this a successful deal we will use eBay.

I would like to know from the begining if you are really interested in purchase, so i can stop negotiating with potential buyers.
    If you have any further question please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you

Diana Morris

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I am literally overwhelmed by the number of offers.
    I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my car and also to clear some things first of all.
    The car is located in Gold Coast, Queensland sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.
    According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    Here you have the terms and conditions of the sale:
    I will need the following details from you: full name(and i need your real name because i will use it for the transfer of the title), full shipping address(where you want to receive the car).After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car.The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days with the car at your home.If you find the car unsatisfactory at the end of the 5 days inspection period, you have the option to return it to me at my expense(i am sure it's not the case)
    The car will be sent with all the papers and documents required for registration(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual,2x keys,etc).This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable.
    Therefore, if you agree with my terms and conditions, please send me an email with your full name and full shipping address to start the transaction.

Cheers

Hi,
    I am interested but would it be possible to speek to you or someone in Australia who knows the car. More infomation would be great [chassis number, engine number, is it an origianl right hand drive, who mantains the car, etc].
    I live in Katoomba NSW 2 hours west of Sydney but will be in Byron Bay this Wedensday coming for about a week, would their be a time when I can see the car.
    Thanks.
    Kris.

Hello there and thanks for your interest,
    The car is in perfect working condition, with no scratches, no rust or damage.It was always garaged and never been smoked in.The interior is very clean and the title is clear, no liens or loans.The price is $6,800 with shipping/handling included and it's not negotiable.The car is registered in Australia on my name and address but currently I am located in Rome, Italy because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home.In order to make this a successful deal we will use eBay.

I would like to know from the begining if you are really interested in purchase, so i can stop negotiating with potential buyers.
    If you have any further question please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you

Diana Morris
    Last edited by green gauge; 28-02-11, 03:24 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

RUN away from this scam......!!!!!
      Tom Walstab
      Member #142
      911L Silver 1968
      911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
      928GTS Iris Blue 1995
      911 997 Targa 4S Black
      Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
      Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Yes, and I suspect Diana wears many heavy gold chains. She is Itatian

Comment

I didn't even bother reading everything but this is an old scam, thanks for the heads up. We probably all need a reminder that something that looks too good to be true is often best left alone.

cheers
          Jeff Eelkema
          TYP 901 #132
          S-Reg #1431
          69E (project)
          various bevel Ducatis
          60s Vespa

Comment

Caveat emptor

I must confess I guiltily enjoy corresponding with these morons for sport I normally let them know I'm a terminally ill escaped prince from Nigeria and will tripple their asking price and include a finders fee if they just let me know their bank account details
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Same thing happening on Early S currently different car but same deal
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by green gauge View Post
                Yes, and I suspect Diana wears many heavy gold chains. She is Itatian
                Does she have a sister ? maybe selling a Ferrari ?
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                  Does she have a sister ? maybe selling a Ferrari ?
                  Just found that sister, selling a 930 however!

To kriswong82@hotmail.com
                  turbo.kevia@gmail.com

Hi,
                  The car is in perfect working condition, with no scratches, no rust or damage.It was always garaged and never been smoked in.The interior is very clean and the title is clear, no liens or loans. The price is $7,300 with shipping/handling included and it's not negotiable. The car is registered in Australia on my name and address but currently I am located in Rome, Italy because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home.As you probably noticed, the price is rather low. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still registered in Australia did not help either.
                  Please let me know if you are interested and wish to explain further (shipping,payment, pics or any other details)
                  Thank you

Do you want to play John, I left his/her email address for you.

Comment

I couldn’t help myself.....

....and thought I’d have a bit of fun with this scammer.

Car for sale?
                    tdubstar@gmail.com to turbo.kevia@gmail.com

I was linked into a message that listed you as the person with a Porsche for sale - and that it was very cheap for such a good car, but you wanted to sell it quickly.
                    Is it still available?

Terry Dubstar

Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com> to tdubstar@gmail.com

hi terry,
                    I have a buyer but he didn't had all the money available. now the car is still for sale.

tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

Do you have a link to the website where I can see pictures and the price?
                    Cheers Terry

Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com> to <tdubstar@gmail.com>

I just closed the listing as I have received several offers and I need only one buyer and a serious one, so please do not reply if you are not really decided to buy it.
                    The price is $7300.

I am serious, the car looks good.
                    Where is the car located?
                    How do you want to arrange payment?
                    Can I inspect the car?

Cheers Terry

I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my car and also to clear some things first of all. The car is located in WA sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.

If we decide to make this deal I will need the following details from you: full name (and i need your real name because i will use it for the transfer of the title), full shipping address(where you want to receive the car)
                    Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay account. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
                    The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days inspection with the car at your home. If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car, on my expense.
                    I assure you that is not going to happen but it's good to know that you do have this second option available.
                    The car will be sent with all the papers and documents required for registration(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual,2x keys,etc).
                    This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you are a serious buyer.

If interested please include in your next email your contact info (full name,full shipping address)so we can get things started.
                    Thanks

<tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

Hi Kevia

All sounds good, and I must commend you on your professionalism and fairness to honour your contract with eBay.
                    The car being in WA is great - I'll be there next week so I can actually pick it up in person and save you the shipping cost.

As a bonus you can keep the extra money for shipping, my luck has really changed of late.
                    I can't say too much (it's kind of a secret deal) but a Minister from the Nigerian Government has trusted me to help him transfer a stack of cash from a foreign bank.
                    I'll be swimming in cash by next week and plan buy a fleet of cars. I don't suppose you have any more to sell......?

So let me know your bank details and I'll transfer some of that sweet Nigerian cash as soon as it arrives.

Cheers Terry

PS I know the Nigerian deal sounds almost too good to be true but don't worry I have a back up plan - seems my good luck never ends, I just won the Mircosoft Lottery, and I can't even remember buying a ticket....!

No response yet........!!!!!
                    Attached Files
                    Tom Walstab
                    Member #142
                    911L Silver 1968
                    911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
                    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
                    911 997 Targa 4S Black
                    Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
                    Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Gold!
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by T-DUB View Post
                        If we decide to make this deal I will need the following details from you: full name (and i need your real name because i will use it for the transfer of the title), full shipping address(where you want to receive the car)
                        made my afternoon!

surely only a scammer would be worried about someone NOT using their real name??!
                        Richard Griffiths
                        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by T-DUB View Post
                          ....and thought I’d have a bit of fun with this scammer.

Car for sale?
                          tdubstar@gmail.com to turbo.kevia@gmail.com

I was linked into a message that listed you as the person with a Porsche for sale - and that it was very cheap for such a good car, but you wanted to sell it quickly.
                          Is it still available?

Terry Dubstar

hi terry,
                          I have a buyer but he didn't had all the money available. now the car is still for sale.

Do you have a link to the website where I can see pictures and the price?
                          Cheers Terry

I just closed the listing as I have received several offers and I need only one buyer and a serious one, so please do not reply if you are not really decided to buy it.
                          The price is $7300.

I am serious, the car looks good.
                          Where is the car located?
                          How do you want to arrange payment?
                          Can I inspect the car?

Cheers Terry

I would like to thank you for your interest in buying my car and also to clear some things first of all. The car is located in WA sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them.

Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay account. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
                          The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days inspection with the car at your home. If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car, on my expense.
                          I assure you that is not going to happen but it's good to know that you do have this second option available.
                          The car will be sent with all the papers and documents required for registration(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual,2x keys,etc).
                          This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you are a serious buyer.

If interested please include in your next email your contact info (full name,full shipping address)so we can get things started.
                          Thanks

<tdubstar@gmail.com> to Kevia Schick <turbo.kevia@gmail.com>

Hi Kevia

All sounds good, and I must commend you on your professionalism and fairness to honour your contract with eBay.
                          The car being in WA is great - I'll be there next week so I can actually pick it up in person and save you the shipping cost.

As a bonus you can keep the extra money for shipping, my luck has really changed of late.
                          I can't say too much (it's kind of a secret deal) but a Minister from the Nigerian Government has trusted me to help him transfer a stack of cash from a foreign bank.
                          I'll be swimming in cash by next week and plan buy a fleet of cars. I don't suppose you have any more to sell......?

So let me know your bank details and I'll transfer some of that sweet Nigerian cash as soon as it arrives.

Cheers Terry

PS I know the Nigerian deal sounds almost too good to be true but don't worry I have a back up plan - seems my good luck never ends, I just won the Mircosoft Lottery, and I can't even remember buying a ticket....!

No response yet........!!!!!
                          Thanks Tom much apprecaited and well handled. I'm still laughing.
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

She's back.

hi terry,

Thanks for picking up from where I left from T-DUB, but she is back, to bad I did'nt have the money to go through with the deal. They just really don't want you to see the car. Hmmm...

New listing link is below, someone better jump on this quickly because they pull it off ebay as soon as anybody displays some interest.
                            Funny S**t though.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PORSCHE-911-964-WIDE-BODY-C2-KIT-2-7-NO-RESERVE-CUSTOM-/300534336015?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item45f93e0a0f

Comment

This is gold, gold, gold!
                              Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Working...
                              X