Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 T on Ebay no res

Cheap 73 LHD T No reserve ?

Yes, know who the vendor is. I think he bought in a few cars a while back and had some advertisied for sale for quite a while, then the market dropped.
    Will be interesting to see what it sells for. I have some old "comfort" seats if a member buys it and wants some original seats.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

OK went to look at this car today thinking is if its OK and goes for the right price might be better to hot rod this car and then on sell the 2.4T/E I bought and that way get the job done quite a bit cheaper but of course would then finish with a LHD car. Thats doesn't bother me as you know.

Here is what I saw today...................

Its a 73T

Front

Front half of car is as good as your going to find for a 38 year old car no visible rust, original sills zero front half accidents was an air con car so has the addition in the front of the fuel tank and the hole in the vertical front panel and pump still in smugglers box although air con long gone.

Inside is crap.

no seats, stuffed dash, door tops, door pockets, knee pads all missing or cracked, floor look fine although a few of those underneath bumps pushing the floor up in parts. Carpet is wrong and terrible, rear seats no good generally not too good in here. Headlining OK but a bit stained.

Rear

Car has had a decent hit in back, pretty much dead centre maybe a bit to the RHS. Rear licence panel no good, boot lid weighed 3 ton due to bondo (magnet would not stick) the chassis piece that has the engine mounts has been damaged and badly fixed actually not fixed at all so needs removing and replacing, RHS guard has a fair bit of bondo in the rear half bumpers don't even go close to fitting rubbers all missing etc etc etc.

Mechanical

CIS engine, sporto box car wouldn't run even though he had fitted new batteries. Mechanical not an issue as I have a new motor except I would need to change it to a 5 speed 915 set up so significant cost involved there with box, pedal cluster and all the necessary changes.

Paint

Pretty good really as was the condition of the chrome trim

Summary

I figure $ 5k to fix back section
      $10k to acquire 915 with 7:31 C and P and make it fit
      $ 5k to remove air con panels in front clip and vertical wall and repair/fit new ones

If everything was spot on I would pay up to $35k for the shell ($13,500 less than I paid for the T) but given that its LHD that about where I would stop.

So $35k less $20k in repairs leads me to $15k as a buying price.

Unless I have my repair costs too high, which I doubt, then I guess if I got it for $15k or less then it might be worth it.

I doubt it will sell for less than that though someone will probably pay up to
      $25k especially if they had a motor and box allready to slot straight in.

Please chime in with your views on my 3 basic costings so I can decide if I will have a crack or not.
      Last edited by Terminator; 12-03-11, 04:37 PM.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I would almost guarantee that even if it does make $15k the buyer will pull out of the deal, seems to be the way ebay works on non running cars, especially with the added difficulties of LHD and never registered in Australia. I think this time next week $15K would be looking pretty good to the seller since its probably more than he has invested.

Comment

Clyde ,
          with all due respect .... $$$$ really are not in this discussion (or ever)... what will YOU enjoy completing / owning.... that is the question you need to answer.

Shane

Comment

Shane your spot on, I think, what will I be happiest with at the end???

I see the value in having the RHD although it does not really matter to me, truly it doesn't, but I know that down the track when its time to sell the properly converted RHD is always going to be an easier sell in this country.

I have pretty much made up my mind that even if it does cost $15 k more for the base, I think I am still better with the car I have, all the hard work has allready been done by Phil and previous owner and there is still enough to do on that car to keep me busy for a long while anyway.

If it sells for $12k and I am the top bider then I guess I'll have to re adjust my thinking!!!
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

I bid to $13k sold for nearly $16k still a pretty good buy in my opinion

Clyde
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                I bid to $13k sold for nearly $16k still a pretty good buy in my opinion

Clyde
                The converted car you bought was a good buy too Clyde, I'm sure you will be happy with the finished result of hot rodding it !

Comment

Working...
                X