Clear All

WTB a few parts for 1969 S

I am currently looking for a few parts for RHD 1969 S
    1) RHD Dashboard
    2) All 5 Gauges Set
    3) Under knee pad
    4) Complete Door pocket for both driver and passenger side

Best Regards,
    Last edited by nammon; 08-04-11, 05:20 PM.

I am expecting to see some pics of new, reproduction RHD dashes in a few weeks time. I will check wiht the expert, Clyde, on any differences in 69 models to later dashes. He owns a 69S. I would expect pricing to be around $1500 (maybe + GST).

Not sure if the 69 uses the regular door pockets which are also now available as very faithful reproductions. Expect to pay around $2400 for a set.

Try ebay for your gauges set. I presume you are after the S trim gauges ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I have been looking for a gauges set on Ebay for a quite period of time, Unfortunately still no correct 69S trim gauges set come up. Most of the early gauges on Ebay are for T or E model

Comment

welcome to the club nammon!!
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome Griffiths_r

Comment

Welcome!
            Any photos/history of your car?
            Cheers
            Craig Sedgman
            914/6 GT Clone Project
            996 C2.1

Comment

Here is the restoration story of my car
              I purchased this car on March 27, 2009. At first I reluctant to buy this car when my porsche mechanic offered the car to me. After I started doing a research about the early porsche, I decided to go with this car even the car was modified to be a 993 Turbo. I am sure I will have a very big challenge to bring the car back to her life.

Comment

Interesting conversion. You sure took on a big challenge, especially in finding the corerct parts. Am keen to see what they did to the motor as it has CIS on it in the pics. Are you going to leave the A/C installed on it ? How did it run with the 2.0 litre original motor ? (assuming it still has the original motor in it ??) perhaps the PO may have transplanted a 2.7CIS motor in it to get A/C wiht it ??
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

The engine was running when I got the car but I never have a chance to drive it, However the car will be sent to the body garage around April 17-20, 2011. After that date, I will start discovering on the engine. Hopefully there will have many original parts as possible left. The engine number is correct for the period of car but I am not sure whether the number were re-done to be matching or not? So everything should be cleared after I take the engine off the car.

Comment

nammon

You have a very unique car with a plethora of unique parts which makes your task very difficult

You want a RHD dash for a 1 year only style in RHD rare as hens teeth (the speaker grille is a different size only in 69) if I was you I would wait for the reproduction RHD dash to be available and forget that it is not 100% correct visually no one will know I guarantee you that. If not try to find a decent 70 - 73 RHD dash (also impossible to find) and get it re done by one of the vinyl shops where are you located???
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hello Clyde,
                      I am in Bangkok, THAILAND ,I definitely am going to wait for the correct RHD dash, however within next 2 months, the body work of my car should be done and I do have to find one at that time. Even a decent 70-73 RHD dash, I still haven't seen any of them on the market.
                      p.s. I believed that the dash that come with my car was modified to have a big air vent to fit with the car's look (993) but I am not sure what year the dash really is? If I get lucky enough to find out that the dash is original 69, it would be great. So Are there any points to inspect about the originality of the 69 dash

Comment

See a reply to your post in General Information
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Nammon, regarding the dash for a '69.

I did a thread on my interior some time back:

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

The details of the supplier is there too. He has a mould of my '71 dash and has made my new one. Very good fit, production etc

Good luck with the conversion back. Well done another one saved !

PM Me if you need more details.

I think John was also going to make a mould of door pockets ??
                          Last edited by Andrew B; 29-04-11, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I have seen Johns work first hand and it is very good.

I have seen the reproduction dash at the Essen Car show last month and it is 95% of the original, almost impossible to tell unless you had a brand new sitting next to it, fits perfectly according to those who have installed but does have one minor flaw in that the dash grille cannot be removed after installation unless you make some mods before hand but its easy to fix.

Depends what you want as to which one you would buy.
                            Last edited by Terminator; 30-04-11, 08:00 AM.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Hello, Andrew B and Clyde

Thank you very much for a useful information

Comment

Working...
                              X