Reproduction of Le mans Movie banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction of Le mans Movie banner

I have an original banner used at the cinema entrance back in the day (1971) when the movie Le mans ran. It is 2.3m long by 700mm high and is a 2 color screen print on paper. Now in 20 years i have never seen another , so i am thinking of scanning and reproducing this and offering this to all that would like one for the garage / house /bedroom .
    Pricing if i run 60+ would be approx $100US each shipped anywhere (usa , asia, europe ). printing will be done on similar paper and finish as close as possible to the original but will have "reproduction " stamped on the rear .
    Let me know if there is interest out there
    Attached Files

Hi John... I would be interested.... not sure where I would put it, though! I'm not sure I would get approval from the CEO to put it in the bedroom...
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Hi john

i would be interested to put in the new garage (when it finally gets done)

regards

hugh
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

now available for sale st-classic.com.
        Attached Files

Comment

Come on guys, place your orders throught the website above or this won't become a reality!
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Wow expensive, if I could make those markups I'd be down at PCA trying to work out what colour my new GT3 will be ordered in
            Last edited by Paul W; 07-05-11, 12:18 PM.
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke
            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
              Wow expensive, if I could make those markups I'd be down at PCA trying to work out what colour my new GT3 will be ordered in
              Hello Paul , sorry you feel that way but here is the detail from another forum;

there is reasons behind everything and cost to produce is why we are doing what we are doing. let me run through this a bit more and for those that are in the printing industry or are business owners will understand the issues. The original is not a mass produced poster it is a art screen print on high grade art paper. when i looked at digital printing we found that neither the colors or the effect could be reproduced , so on to screen printing we have gone. The cost so far just to get to printing stage is over 3k and this is why. the original was hanging in a garage for over 25 years and is degraded by moisture and insects. as such we took the original to a master photographer specializing in art photography, he photographed the banner taking a day to do this right as an rgb image , this image was then sent to a motion picture film touch up guy ( who works with some of the lord of the rings stuff) who cleaned up the image removing the damage from years in a garage providing a super image for printing , this image has been sent to another company to have the rgb image separated into colour layers and put onto film required for the screen printer. so there's 3k now i have to pay for printing before sale and sell enough to cover costs. the only way is to have a high end art print and std print but i have to make a difference between to two and as such i have .Now at the beginning i had just over 50 people wanting a copy , i have allowed for a 10% drop off rate = 40 people which should cover costs just , to date i have 20 orders only. Sometimes you have to make a hard call to make sure it works out. i may just be out of pocket on this one

Comment

Fair enough, as someone who owns a commercial printing business (and collects French vintage posters) I'm quite intrigued as to the way you've gone about reproducing / touching-up the original art. Not the way we've done this sort of thing in the past but if the ends justifies the means, great.
                Paul Wischer
                1969 911T
                1979 Californian Moke
                TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Working...
                X