Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 T/E for sale

The ad says it all.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...e=15&__Dx=mode matchany&__D=1972&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=126955266 CB0
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

I used to own this car and Clyde has done a great job cleaning it up and fixing a lot of little items. plus the car has benefited from the previous owners substantial investment in getting it converted to RHD using a correct front clip. As Clyde said, if you werent told it had been done, you would not know it was delivered LHD unless you looked up the VIN.

I cant believe how well Clyde got the paint to look so good using a clay block.

I was tempted to buy it back when the PO told me he wanted to sell it. But that would have put the total back to 6 cars which is just too many to find garage space for.

I did mention it was for sale on this board some time ago. Should make a nice clean car for someone.

Below are a couple of pics of the car in California when Clyde and I drove it to the 2006 R Gruppe Treffen in Sonoma, Nappa Valley. One shows the 72T parked alongside the car owned by ex TYP901 member from Colorado, Chris Tallon, who drove across for the Treffen and met us in Monterey at the Quail Lodge on the way north.

Good luck on the sale Clyde.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by e72phil; 15-05-11, 03:01 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Clyde - ad says semi auto?

Comment

Yeah the dickheads on Car Sales have that as the only option you can select for a 72 car it says in several other places that the car is 5sp...nothing I can do about it and they won't change it
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Great car, I had a sniff at this when the previous owner was selling but couldn't get a reasonable buy price. At this price I would buy it for sure ( if i hadn't just spent $40K on refurbing the car I did buy) Good luck with the sale Clyde, it should move quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
            Great car, I had a sniff at this when the previous owner was selling but couldn't get a reasonable buy price. At this price I would buy it for sure ( if i hadn't just spent $40K on refurbing the car I did buy) Good luck with the sale Clyde, it should move quickly.
            Thanks Chris I hope that tail has been useful and glad to see your project is on the road again.

I think the previous owner lost interest in the car he had several other great cars to play with and when I saw the car it was dusty, stored undercover but outside and hadn't been too far in a while. It hasn't taken much to get it back in to pretty good shape.
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

Working...
            X