No announcement yet.

1970 911T - mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very pleased to be the new owner of this car.

I would like to sincerely thank Shane for passing on custodianship of this fine vehicle and for being a stand up honest seller (and decent bloke to boot).

Completed my initial familiarisation run with the car (Sydney to Adelaide) on Monday - it didn't miss a beat - which is great because it is now my daily driver.

Can't wipe the stupid smile off my face
    Last edited by DJ911; 13-07-11, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Dirk, the hunt for a 911 is now over.

Enjoy
      Craig Sedgman
      914/6 GT Clone Project
      996 C2.1

Comment

Well done Dirk you bought a great car!

The Adelaide contingent grows....!
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Well done, get that historic rego organised, unless you were being literal when you said daily driver. I now know that if you plan to put a car on historic reg is S.A. you dont have to pay stamp duty on the purchase price either, big savings all round.

Comment

great dirk- SWB LWB perhaps a needless issue for mortals. any pics of crossing the hay plains

Comment

Hey Dirk, it would make a great story to new members to understand how you arrived at yr decision to buy Shanes car.

I remember at the beginning you were adamant about getting an SWB car, but still wanted to drive it daily.

What finally changed your mind ?

I am sure Shanes car will suit the job perfectly as his motor swap etc (as I recall) was all aimed at getting a good reliable daily car.

And that was surely a great familiarisation run in it. Similar to when I bought a 72E targa in Portland, OR and drove it down to Southern California a few years back.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Gents.

Chris,

I was being literal when I said daily driver. Driveability certainly does not feel like an issue (though its only been a couple of days). Will see how I go in the peak of winter & summer

Michel,

Too focused on driving / getting home to take additional breaks for photographs. There were enough stops for fuel - 3.0 running at 3400 rpm uses some juice - not to mention some gear changes that were strictly not required

Phil,

It was a range of factors that made this car correct for me. While I did have a strong preference for a SWB this car ticked several other important boxes: Australian delivered, highly usable 3.0 engine, desirable (but not original) colour and driver quality. I was not interested in concours quality (nor could I afford it). Additionally it has future potential/inherent value because it comes with the original matching no 2.2.

So overall an opportunity too good to let pass.
                Last edited by DJ911; 14-07-11, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Yep all perfectly sensible and rational reasons for buying the car.......they are not emotions that occur too often when buying an early Porsche purchase however
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                    Yep all perfectly sensible and rational reasons for buying the car.......they are not emotions that occur too often when buying an early Porsche purchase however
                    ... did I forget to mention it looks bloody fantastic, sounds f**king great and goes like stink!

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                      .......they are not emotions that occur too often when buying an early Porsche purchase however
                      +1 on that
                      Last edited by douglas; 14-07-11, 09:35 PM.
                      Doug
                      IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Working...
                      X