X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Vintage Cut-Off Switch

Sorry for the multiple posts guys.

One more item for today:

A Bosch Vintage Cut-Off Switch. This is the version with the removal key.

Unused in box

$40 posted

Cheers,

Ed
    Attached Files

i'll take it

Comment

Sorry Michel already sold

Comment

PS it's no good for a race car as it wont kill the engine. Not sure if that's relevant ???

Comment

doesn't it depend on how it is wired? I have 2 sitting in the garage!!!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Dont think so ?? I had one like the above bout red key and I had to upgrade to different type with extra switch poles on the base. Like this one:

Discover top-quality motorsport safety equipment and gear at Revolution Racegear, Australia's leading supplier for motorsport safety equipment and performance accessories. Shop now!

Happy to stand corrected ??

But this is what I got and it works a treat. I have to install one on the rally car too. Just need to works out where the auto-electrician wired it to under the dash to cut ignition....

I will start a new thread when I do, for those that are interested or future reference.
            Attached Files

Comment

i'm in same boat - got one (or maybe 2?) in a box somewhere... assuming that a talented auto-elec can wire it up somehow to not blow up the alternator...
              Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Yeah I believe it depends on the wiring.

Obviously Porsche used them your for a reason...

early s link:

Someone here wanted this when I had the one Randy bought. Supplier had a few more in stock so I nabbed them. This is the only one left. $40.00 clams.

Comment

This battery isolater should be able to kill the engine and all other power circuits but just needs to be wired the right way.

Any competent auto sparky should be able to this but it would probably help them if they were given a wiring diagram.

Whenever the main power supply is cut there is a risk of damage to the alternator if it is charging when the power is cut. However, if you have just crashed and the engine is still running and you need help from the emergency services, the fact that you might damage a few diodes in the alternator probably isn't a significant issue. My guess is you want someone to cut the power to reduce the chance of fire and then you would want someone to help get you out safely.
                  Jeff Eelkema
                  TYP 901 #132
                  S-Reg #1431
                  69E (project)
                  various bevel Ducatis
                  60s Vespa

Comment

If you just wire the two poles cut-off to just cut off the power to the car only then when the engine is running turning it off the engine will still keep running as the alternator is still providing power to the engine. As Jeff said you probably can wire it to cutoff the power to the alternator (which may cause some damage to it). It is much better to use the one AB has.
                    GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Just wire it into the switchable power line on the CDI - engine off.
                      Paul Wischer
                      1969 911T
                      1979 Californian Moke
                      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                        Just wire it into the switchable power line on the CDI - engine off.
                        with or without blowing the alternator?

and the CDI is in the engine bay? means running a heavy duty wire from front to back? or maybe have light duty wire and a relay in the engine bay? (BTW, i am no electrician!!!)
                        Richard Griffiths
                        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Cutting power to the switchable '+' to the CDI cuts the power to the ignition only, shutting down the engine - if not every time you switched the engine off you blow the alt.

I'd identify the source lead off the ignition switch and wire the switch in at that point, easily done with a multimeter.
                          Paul Wischer
                          1969 911T
                          1979 Californian Moke
                          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

This only cut engine power? You want to cut power off to the rest of the car also?
                            GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Working...
                            X