FS: Twin HEUER Stopwatches mounted on dash plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Twin HEUER Stopwatches mounted on dash plate

Again, being offered to members before they go onto ebay in about a weeks time.

This is a set of period HEUER mechanical stopwatches. The left stopwatch has a secondary red dial counting minutes (to 60 minutes) with an outer black hand showing seconds (to 1/5th secs). Single button starts/stops then-resets both hands to zero. Right stopwatch displays time as decimal minutes with a secondary dial counting to 30 minutes.

Both watches have black outer rims and are mounted to a polished alloy plate with 4 mounting screw holes for attachment to dash. Both watches run and are in very good condition.

Whilst these are not HEUER Monte Carlo rally clocks, I am not asking Monte Carlo prices (currently around A$4000 to $5000 for an original mounted set).

These would give a very historic look to a period race or rally car.

I am looking for offers around $900.00
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Hi Phil,

They look nice, and keenly priced for anyone wanting a period set of stopwatches IMO.

Comment

these were recently sold on eBay in the UK. Sold for GBP 464.00 (approx A$ 1200.00).

One of the watches is identical, the other with same face but different action.

Maybe not too many members interested here in vintage Heuer stuff ??
      Attached Files
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phil,

Love them... and old watches....

However I need to prioritise my spending on these expensive old objects....the 901 runs first at the moment!

:wink: Justin R
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

These authentic Heuer Monte Carlos just sold on ebay for A$3650 and they were a real bargain.
          Attached Files
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Glad I have four sets tucked away....yes, seriously.

Phil,

For many years I've collected Heuer gear. It seems to have gone hand in hand with my car collecting.

Your mounted stopwatch set for sale is lovely and these are increasingly desirable and rare.

Amongst a pile of Heuer gear I've three sets of orginal Rallymaster 8 day clock/stopwatch pairs like the one pictured immediately above plus an earlier Hervue (a derivative Heuer brand)/Heuer clock set that dates to the very early 1950's, and is one of the first dual Rallymaster sets Heuer ever produced.

I have been a contributor to a vintage Heuer website for many years and plan to launch my own

heuermonaco.com

quite soon. I'm a bit of a worldwide authority on Heuers and particularly the vintage Heuer Monaco, if I do say so myself. I wore one of my vintage Heuer Monacos today, co-incidentally.

Heuer goes hand in hand with vintage 901's.......great to see them discussed here, as they are very rare in our country as the dealer network here was pitiful in the 1960s/70s.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X