Dash face basketweave material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash face basketweave material

Does anybody know of a local source for the basketweave material used for the dash face (or has some to sell)? Thought I would check before buying on Pelican... Don't need anything else at the moment and I would like to avoid paying more in postage than the cost of goods.

Cheers

Coincidently, this morning I received a sample of some basketweave from classicbritishgerman in Sydney. Will be putting it against my factory material tonight and will let you know how is compares.
    Paul Wischer
    1969 911T
    1979 Californian Moke
    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Which models/year should or could have the basketweave on that section?

Comment

not for your car Chris
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
          Coincidently, this morning I received a sample of some basketweave from classicbritishgerman in Sydney. Will be putting it against my factory material tonight and will let you know how is compares.
          it is a good match from the sample I have.

There is also a supplier first name Michael in Melbourne who supplies the same/similar at a slightly better price.
          Last edited by Michel; 25-11-11, 04:24 PM. Reason: tipo

Comment

Clyde,

Also picked up a sample of their Haargarn which I thought looked nice. Any idea how close to original it is?
            Paul Wischer
            1969 911T
            1979 Californian Moke

Comment

Paul,

If you get a chance cold you post a comparative photo?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                Clyde,

Also picked up a sample of their Haargarn which I thought looked nice. Any idea how close to original it is?
                Peter Morgan's book (Restorer's Guide") refers to "Perlon" carpet for the 2.0 and 2.2 (T and E) models and a special velour carpet for the 911S. (no mention of the word "Haargarn" in his book)
                So is Hargaarn a brand name and "perlon" the carpet type?

Just found this company who refer to Hargaarn kits for Porsche

Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

...that's who I sent me the samples.

Left them in the office so probably won't do a direct comparison until Monday. Initial observation is that the basket weave looks pretty accurate.
                  Paul Wischer
                  1969 911T
                  1979 Californian Moke

Comment

you should speak to mark poole dirk

i remember him telling me he could make it ?? Had a machine that imprinted the vinyl or something...

May be worth checking, but not sure if it was an exact match

Comment

Originally posted by MrUpwey View Post
                      Peter Morgan's book (Restorer's Guide") refers to "Perlon" carpet for the 2.0 and 2.2 (T and E) models and a special velour carpet for the 911S. (no mention of the word "Haargarn" in his book)
                      So is Hargaarn a brand name and "perlon" the carpet type?

Just found this company who refer to Hargaarn kits for Porsche

http://www.classicbritishgerman.com....=1&cat=Porsche
                      Hargaarn is the name referring to the current replacement carpet meant to simulate the original deluxe style salt and pepper carpet fitted to S, RS and other cars where deluxe carpet was specified. Has that dark charcoal look with white fleck and a reasonable pile not like perlon.

Thats what SHOULD have been fitted to your car Peter instead of that wooly matting you have but then we have had that discussion!!!
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                        it is a good match from the sample I have.

There is also a supplier first name Michael in Melbourne who supplies the same/similar at a slightly better price.
                        Melbourne supplier is Matthew Teleskivi Classic & European.

material is oem or equivalent for 356 onwards

Comment

Hey Guys,

I purchased a roll off e-bay a while back and whilst not exact I think it's really good as the pattern is more defined and as I'm having flat vinyl door skins there won't be any niggling comparative issues.

I found getting the basketweave difficult to adhere around the back of the alloy trim so being a Chef I became inspired to work with Porsche bits in the kitchen and here's what transpired !

A few hours after the initial gluing and clamping I heated a stainless steel pan over medium to high heat and then pressed the edges on and off the pan so as to soften the vinyl and give a more clean, even and slightly squared off finish.
                          I then reclamped (just used cookbooks to weigh down actually) and ended with a good secure bond..

A different and not very aromatic kitchen experience was had
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Chris

Comment

Lovely stuff!
                              John Forcier
                              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                              Restoration Saga
                              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                              X