72 E 2.7 for sale at Weltmeister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 E 2.7 for sale at Weltmeister

REgo LDH 911. aussie delivered. silver. engine rebuilt to 2.7 by george cairns apparently. Ben said a guy who had quite a few porsches traded it in for a white speedster.

Anyone know this car ?

nick

Hi all,

I believe it was James Dutton's old car...

I'd also like to take the opportunity to formally introduce myself as a new member to this registry. I'm based in Asia, however I do spend about 3 months of the year in Sydney or Melbourne. I used to own a couple of short bumper cars, mostly Es 2.2 and 2.4 (OZ cars) when I was studying at RMIT in late 90s early 2000. I'll dig out some old images of my cars and try to post them.

Currently I'm in Sydney, day dreaming or should I say on the market to find the right 2.2S with good OZ provenance as I do have a spare garage space here... Once again hi all, great club, great cars, passionate enthusiasts!

Jason

Comment

Welcome to the club Jason. Whatever your query with respect to early 911s, you'll certainly get the correct answer on this Board (eventually)
      Good luck with your search for an Aussie "S". You're certainly aiming high.

(To all members, please note my correct grammatical use of your and you're)
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Congrats on your grammar Peter, you get one of these.

Oh, and welcome Jason. Your hunt for that 2.2S will indeed be an interesting one. I hope you dont have a specific colour also.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by MrUpwey View Post
          Welcome to the club Jason. Whatever your query with respect to early 911s, you'll certainly get the correct answer on this Board (eventually)
          Good luck with your search for an Aussie "S". You're certainly aiming high.

(To all members, please note my correct grammatical use of your and you're)
          I read through the document page or something... about the number of OZ delivered 2.2S, I think I counted 26 in total between 70-71, I'm quite optimistic there would be 1 or 2 for sale for the right dollars of course...

I know of 3 or 4 local cars from the 90s, good provenance, good number, amazing options maybe they're still around and owners are getting board by now... fingers crossed!

There's just something about those RHD aussies 2.2 "S"!!

Comment

Jason welcome. there is a UK delivered (arrived in OZ in the 80,s I believe) targa in Canberra though cannot remember if it is a 2.2. Is a light yellow car

cheers Michel

Comment

Working...
            X