Swb 912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swb 912

If anyone is concerned about the strength of the market for Australian delivered 911's & 912's they can sleep easy !! I called today for a 65' 912 advertised on carsales to be told it sold within 4 hours of hitting the market. I assume it sold close to the ask ($32,000) & has found a happy new owner in Darwin. Grrrr !! Hopefully it sold to a 901'er ?

Cheers,
    Matt
    Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
    1994 993 (road car)
    1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
    1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
    PCV #528

Matt saw it when first listed surprised no one had mentioned it here. Interested to know whether it's 'actual' condition is as good as described

Comment

Yeah it listed on wednesday last week and I rang on thursday and deposit had already been taken, I believe I am second in line if the N.T. deal falls over

Comment

FWIW there has been a silver 912 on ebay also....didnt appear to be in the same condition though.

Comment

seen the silver 912 in canberra.

Wondering if it was the same silver 912 sold late last year from sydney

Comment

I asked about the silver one (a '68 judging by the gauges and door handles, not a '67 as advertised). Being a RHD conversion and located essentially a long way from anywhere, I didn't follow up as a RHD conversion requires a high degree of scrutiny IMO. Owner described it as immaculate. That's a big call.....

Rear wiper on the green 912 would have been a rare option if its original I would've thought.

Comment

I am surprised the seller suggest its ready for Targa Tasmania. A rare ealy car like this needs to be kept original and not drilled and welded to fit a roll cage, etc.

I will be surprised to see if its entirely rust free at that age. Also cant see the AC compressor in the engine pics but AC would not have worked that well in a 912. They hardly work in early 911's unless you have late model rotary compressor and extra condensor area. 5 gauges would have been an option at the time. Nice to see wood dash and rear deck script all still there. Car could be a late 67 build date but sold as a 68. Sometimes the registraiton authorities go off the actual build date so a Sept 67 car is registered as a 67, whereas Porsche will call it a 68. My 68S is registered as a 67 because of this.

Perhaps Cam Arnott will track down the new owner in Darwin and let us know more details.
              Last edited by e72phil; 12-03-12, 08:14 PM.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil the green one is a '65 and yeah the air con is a mystery.

Comment

Chris,

got confused flipping between those websites and pics of cars, sorry.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I've had to wait till now to find out, but the deal has finally been done on this car, being second in line sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X