Targa anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targa anyone?

No affiliation http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-9...item1e6c5a4e98 looks as though the pic might have been taken before the boat trip.
    Last edited by 9er; 18-03-12, 10:36 PM.

" the only rust is at the (non existent) toe hook " ????????

Comment

The add looks like a scam....there have been a few kombi and 356 scams on eBay very recently that look the same!

Comment

Almost definitely a scam. Emails to seller have been sent...
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Check this out.. tried to get some basic info and this is what it turned into.....Classic

Hi,
          Now i am out of town i'm stewardess on cruise ship,i can't speak by phone from here , we will speak in the week when i will be at home. In the week we can spoke at phone and you can come to pick up the car.
          I need your details and i will send it to eBay and they will organise you a invoice and you will buy the car from eBay,after that i will end immediately the auction and you will have the car, i need to be sure that the car is yours and i want to do trough eBay because they are very sure. i need follow informations : address/phone# and your name once I will receive the requested details, eBay Buyer Protection will issue you an invoice regarding the transaction and payment, then i end the auction and hold the car for you. In this way i will be sure that you are the legit buyer of the car and eBay will pay me after
          you collect the car.
          Regards Jessica,

Subject: Re: Details about item: timpgt3 sent a message about Porsche 911 1972 #130666876568
          Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:42:02 +1000
          To: tingwei.zhang1974@hotmail.com

Sure,

But can I have your phone number to organise a time please

Tim Pritchard
          Aisle4 Pty Ltd
          timgt3@hotmail.com

On 20/03/2012, at 5:34 PM, Tingwei Zhang <tingwei.zhang1974@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
          I am working this week but we can meet in weekend if you want.
          Considering that demand for car is high i must be sure that you will come to check/collect the car in weekend before i stop the auction on eBay. Of course
          you'll need view/inspect before I get paid, I understand you, this way we will deal under eBay protection.
          I need your name and address/phone#, once I will receive the requested details, eBay Buyer Protection will issue you an invoice regarding the transaction
          and payment, then i end the auction and hold the car for you. In this way i will be sure that you are the legit buyer of the car and eBay will pay me after
          you collect the car.
          Regards,

Subject: Re: Details about item: timpgt3 sent a message about Porsche 911 1972 #130666876568
          Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:01:17 +1000

Thx,

Can I get a phone number to organise a time to view the car pls

Tim Pritchard
          Aisle4 Pty Ltd
          timgt3@hotmail.com

On 20/03/2012, at 1:42 PM, Tingwei Zhang <tingwei.zhang1974@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
          Here is my name and address:

Tingwei Zhang
          1/B,CHURCH STREET
          BRISBANE
          QLD
          AUSTRALIA
          The car is in Australia,
          Here is the description of the car:
          This car has been sitting for 12 yrs. The engine is stuck and a 1973 . It has Factory sport seats, Bilstein struts and shocks, No A/C, The chassis is very
          clean and the only rust is at the front tow hook that got ripped out at some time. Battery box's are perfect as also are the rockers. The fenders and doors
          have never been off. The car has never been hit. Wheels are Fuchs and have all 5.
          It has the original Mechanical Injection. The heater box's are in excellent shape.
          The body paint is 40yrs old and shows signs of spot work,No rust through on the body any where only surface rust. It is strait minor dents in a few places.
          This is a great car to restore or turn into a everyday driver with some work.
          This car spent most of time in Kentucky and serviced there in it's early days. So It will need a full mechanical restoration and the fuel system gone through
          as well as the brake system. Here is the link with picture: http://flickcabin.com/public/viewset/43801
          Send me your e-mail with more informations
          Thanks Tingwei

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:57:18 -0700
          Subject: Details about item: timpgt3 sent a message about Porsche 911 1972 #130666876568

eBay sent this message to Tingwei Zhang (zhang1974ting).
          Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
          Contact for Listing
          Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear zhang1974ting,

Full Name: Tim Pritchard
          Primary Telephone:
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          Hi Can I get some more info and Photos please.

I assume its LHD and does it have import approval?

Email is timgt3@hotmail.com

- timpgt3
          Click "respond" to reply through eBay Messages, or go to your email to reply

Porsche 911 1972
          Item Id: 130666876568
          End time: 15-Apr-12 12:45:23 AEST
          Buyer:
          timpgt3 (103)
          100.0% Positive Feedback
          Member since 13-Jul-04 in Australia
          Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Marketplace Safety Tip
          Keep your money safe - never pay for items with cash or instant money transfer services, such as Western Union or MoneyGram. In the past some sellers have exploited these payment methods in order to defraud buyers, so eBay has banned them from the site.
          Received a Second Chance Offer email? Double check that it's genuine: Second Chance Offer emails come directly from eBay and are shown in your My Messages.
          Trade safely. Beware of anyone who contacts you about buying or selling outside of eBay. When you trade outside of eBay, you're not able to leave feedback or take advantage of protection programs and case resolution tools available on eBay. Report an inappropriate email.
          eBay helps guard your privacy and online safety when you use our messaging tools. If you and the member you're contacting haven't bought or sold from each other recently, our tools may make both of your email addresses anonymous.

Email reference id: [#a04-9csq7cq6nx#]_[#a2e8071f1a66480e86ba60bb63abb4a8#]
          Please don't remove this number. eBay customer support may ask you for this number, if you should need assistance.

Learn More to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

Another eBay member sent this email to tingwei.zhang1974@hotmail.com through the eBay platform. eBay takes no liability for the sending of this email or its content.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

You can report this message as unsolicited (spam/spoof) email.

Copyright &#169; 2012 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay International AG is located at Helvetiastrasse 15/17 - P.O. Box 133, 3000 Bern 6,Switzerland.

Comment

I have reported it to ebay

Comment

Damn, and here I was all ready with my box of tools, magnets and mirrors for a PPI
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Not a busy day at work Tim???
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

John and I thought we would do a fishing expedition. Very funny result I think.

Comment

Reminiscent of this one, are people really that stupid???

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

Hi Kevia

All sounds good, and I must commend you on your professionalism and fairness to honour your contract with eBay.
                    The car being in WA is great - I'll be there next week so I can actually pick it up in person and save you the shipping cost.

As a bonus you can keep the extra money for shipping, my luck has really changed of late.
                    I can't say too much (it's kind of a secret deal) but a Minister from the Nigerian Government has trusted me to help him transfer a stack of cash from a foreign bank.
                    I'll be swimming in cash by next week and plan buy a fleet of cars. I don't suppose you have any more to sell......?

So let me know your bank details and I'll transfer some of that sweet Nigerian cash as soon as it arrives.

Cheers Terry

PS I know the Nigerian deal sounds almost too good to be true but don't worry I have a back up plan - seems my good luck never ends, I just won the Mircosoft Lottery, and I can't even remember buying a ticket....!

No response yet........!!!!!
                    Tom Walstab
                    Member #142
                    911L Silver 1968
                    911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
                    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
                    911 997 Targa 4S Black
                    Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
                    Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

Working...
                    X