Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front bumper trim

Hi all

I'm looking to replace my front bumper aluminium/rubber deco molding. Mine is the 'S' type but it's tatty and I prefer the standard thinner one. Does anyone have one that is driver quality to sell? It's a large item so Pelican Parts only ship it to US addresses or has anyone ordered one from someone else?

On the subject of bumpers I'm still on the lookout for a narrow LWB front bumper if anyone knows of one for sale.

andrew,

if its a non s bumper you are looking for they are thin on the ground and generally in poor condition.

aPorschaPart offered me one in good condition for $1100 .... having said that i did pay $500 for one that is basically scrap.

regards
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Thanks Craig

I've given them a call and they're going to have a look and get back to me. I saw some on Pelican last year for as little as $200 but I haven't recently and I reckon most sellers will be reluctant to arrange shipping of something so big to Australia not to mention the cost. It may be that a local one at that sort of price ends up being not such a bad deal especially if comes with the deco strip that I am looking for.

Comment

I have recently ordered the aluminum decor trim for the sills and whilst most won't ship o/s Sierra Madre were ok about it
        Last edited by 9er; 30-03-12, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I see on their website that they 'ship to anywhere' so that does look promising. I was also planning on ordering a set of the sill moldings. Was the shipping reasonable?

Comment

Just placed an order with Sierra Madre a few days ago. Sunvisors, rubbers etc. freight cost was $48 and shipped within 24hrs.
            Peter D

TYP901# 233
            911T Coupe 68
            911E Targa 73
            911E Coupe 72 (sold)
            1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Andrew I paid something like $120 shipping but I did have over $800 worth of parts.
              The way their cart works you can calculate shipping as you go before you commit to buy.

Comment

I bought some headlights and indicator/tail-lights from them a while back and was very pleased with the packing, shipping costs and delivery. It was all on special so it pays to keep on eye out
                Jeff Eelkema
                TYP 901 #132
                S-Reg #1431
                69E (project)
                various bevel Ducatis
                60s Vespa

Comment

Anyone else interested in a set, maybe we could do group buy to save freight on stuff like this - theyre not heavy just long.

from sportswagen eckert - germany

front 's' trim 90 euro
                  Nr.2 Zierleiste für Stoßstange vorn
                  komplett, breit
                  S-Ausführung
                  Bj.65-73
                  Art.Nr. 505.045.51.02

rears 72 euroNr.5 Zierleiste 911S, komplett
                  Bj.69-73
                  Art.Nr. 505.046.51.02

rocker trim 69 euro
                  Nr.25 Zierleiste breit für 911S, komplett
                  Art.Nr. 559.105.53.02

but not sure if theyll freight them.

Shane
                  Last edited by shanet; 04-04-12, 11:51 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

How do you convert their site to English saw them at Essen last year they had lots of nice repro products
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde,

As they do not seem to offer an English language option, your best bet is to use Google Translate.

Easiest way to do this is:

- to search for their site on Google 'Sporstwagen Eckert'.
                      - they will appear as the top link in the search results
                      - choose the link 'Translate this page'

From that point on the web site will be presented with a header with translation options. You may have to click on the translate button to make it happen.

This will only work for text content and it appears some of the text on their site is made up of images.

As an interesting aside (to me anyway) Google Translate uses 'statistical machine translation' instead of a rules based approach. The results are IMHO quite remarkable - incredible what can be done when you have enough data at your disposal.

Comment

wow thanks for the translation tip. Ive been navigating this thing in german.

Comment

Have you seen them in person? Some of the repo trim doesn't fit very well at the radius of the bumper, not to mention the fit of the rubber profile.

Comment

Working...
                          X