The Definitive 901 Carpet Gruppe Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Definitive 901 Carpet Gruppe Buy

Please forgive the additional thread, but the original had a few too many tangents.

Don't hate me for dragging this out - I had death in the family (Grandma @96) and I've had my first flu for the season...

So the buy is for as original set of carpets as available in Australia. They will be in Haargarn wool (pepper and salt). I'm led to believe that the carpet IS correct for the SWB cars, but you need to do your own research and be satisfied.

Confirmed I have:

John Forcier
    Shane Tan
    Rich Griffiths
    Jock Campbell (Jock can you please PM me your email?)
    John Scrbinsek
    Chris Dixon
    Matt Herbert
    Mark Munroe

Please let me know if you cannot commit. I have you all down as RHD and only Chris D needing Targa carpets... I've also said that you'll all take the later protective metal scuff plate as standard, let me know if you want it deleted.

There are several others who are tentative - please let me know what you decide, if you're in I'll add you to my spreadsheet.

John Pisani has confirmed he'll honour the $990 price for the Haargarn for 7+ of us. I will email you all privately with the payment details - BSB and Acc No. or you can call John directly and use a credit card. http://www.classicbritishgerman.com....ustcontact.asp

There's no reason you can't call immediately and quote the "Typ 901 Club Buy" to get it under way - I know a few of you want to sort it out asap before you got away etc... First to pay will be first to receive. But please let me know as I'm keeping a spreadsheet that will go to John to help him out with coordination and contact details.

Okay, I hope this all works out 'Cause if it does CocoMats are next!
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

John I just ordered my Cocomats, and they are sending me a pattern out, as they don't do that many RHD, and have had some problems in the past with fitment.

When it arrives I'll give you a call, and drive or post it up to you so you can check the fit so as to save you some time with yours.

Tony

Comment

great work john!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        John I just ordered my Cocomats, and they are sending me a pattern out, as they don't do that many RHD, and have had some problems in the past with fitment.

When it arrives I'll give you a call, and drive or post it up to you so you can check the fit so as to save you some time with yours.

Tony
        Hi Tony,
        I've been inquiring in the states for RHD cocomats all week to no avail, would be very keen to know how your pattern fits, personally I'm for the black/blue combo.... Who is the company you are dealing with?
        Cheers

Comment

Chris, there's only one "Cocomats" http://www.cocomats.com/
          John Forcier
          Restoration Saga

Comment

Chris, yep that's who I dealed with directly.

I just ordered a set, and they contacted me within the day to advise that they would be sending a pattern out first.

For all those interested I'll post my findings In a separate post when the patterns arrive.

Tony

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                Chris, yep that's who I dealed with directly.

I just ordered a set, and they contacted me within the day to advise that they would be sending a pattern out first.

For all those interested I'll post my findings In a separate post when the patterns arrive.

Tony
                Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
                John Forcier
                Restoration Saga

Comment

Dirk has the correct Coco's in his 911..... I order 4 years ago , they have a perfect pattern for RHD Coupe and Targa

Comment

Hi All

My spreadsheet containing all your details and requirements has been sent off to Classic British and German today and you will receive individual invoices via email very shortly. Double check your invoices and be sure you're happy. Once payment has been made I presume they'll make a start on each carpet.

John suggested he could make 2-3 per week, so there may be a bit of a wait depending on where you fall in the queue - I've put myself down the list a bit as I'm not in a rush. John owns an early 911 so he is able to referrence specific details readily if you have special requests or questions. I have asked for the stainless steel protective plate near the accelerator from the '71> to be included in all carpets, but those of you with SWB cars chasing absolute accuracy may choose to ask for the plate to be deleted.

Okay, here's to crossing fingers it all works out!

Cheers
                    Last edited by Fishcop; 16-04-12, 03:23 PM.
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

I've just been asked to clarify gearboxes... there is a difference in the carpet.

I've informed John that the 915 box is in MY 72> but that my hotrod also runs a 915. But I'm pretty sure the rest of you run standard/correct gearboxes for your cars, but please let me know if you don't.

Cheers
                      John Forcier
                      Restoration Saga

Comment

Hi All

I've just been informed that there may have been a glitch in CB&G's email and some of you haven't received an invoice. They were sent out again this morning, so if you still haven't received an invoice - shoot an email to tess@prostitch.com.au and john@classicbritishgerman.com.au (may have been a domain issue).

I've also ordered some basket weave vinyl and Blackwatch tartan. Mmmmm...
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for organising this.

I managed to be the first to get mine because im going away next week for a while. Looks good but wont be able to do anything with it for a while.

Shane

Comment

Hi Guys

I understand I am now the last person awaiting a carpet set (as per my request). I understand there were some delays getting so many carpet sets out.

Just chasing any feedback from those of you that have received your carpets on the results? Any photos or fitting tips?

Cheers
                            John
                            John Forcier
                            Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by shanet View Post
                              Hi guys

Thanks for organising this.

I managed to be the first to get mine because im going away next week for a while. Looks good but wont be able to do anything with it for a while.

Shane
                              I'm slightly confused as Johns says the carpet is correct for SWB in his lead post

It is the correct carpet for LWB isn't it Shane???
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X