Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APRIL NEWS FROM SPYDER AUTOMOBILES

Greeting TYP901 members and friends .

Apologies for our spasmodic responses (from Spyder and also from Mike and I) to posts and threads on the forum...we have been busy! Many of you are on the 'Spyder Friends' email list and have already been notified of some changes underway at Spyder Automobiles: below is a copy of the letter circulated in March.

"Many of you are aware of our vast stock holdings of early model Porsche parts. Mostly these parts date back many years and are the culmination of John Gregory’s foresight, wisdom and passion. For the past 3 years (since John has passed away) we have attempted to sort and catalogue these many precious items. We have made good progress, but this has proved to be a very difficult exercise whilst operating a busy workshop. Many of you have been very patient with us when asking for our assistance in supplying parts for your projects; allowing us the time needed to sort through our stock for you. However, Mike and I are unhappy with this arrangement and wish to provide more timely and professional service. Thus we are about to embark on the biggest of projects…sorting and cataloguing our spare parts!

In order to achieve this wonderful goal we are closing our doors for a period of approximately three months commencing April 1, 2006.

Please understand that our workshop will not be open to the public during this time. We need to concentrate on our task at hand…this is an ambitious but very exciting project for us and as with all tasks undertaken at Spyder Automobiles we intend to not only complete it, but complete it to the highest standard. Thus we ask for your patience and understanding during these 3 or so months. We shall effectively be “closed” and therefore cannot receive you (or your car) at the workshop and will not book routine work during this time. However, we will accommodate breakdowns or emergencies and will take the time to plan your project work with you during our “sabbatical”.

We will not abandon you, our friends and clients during this time. If you need to contact us, please leave a message on the answering machine on (03) 9532 0246 or email us at porsches@spyderautomobiles.com.au. We will return your call or email as soon as possible.

During this period, many other changes and improvements will take shape…when we relaunch you shall see a revitalised and fresh Spyder Automobiles! We have many goals; our website should be completed, computerised invoicing implemented, a revamped workshop layout will be well underway to mention a few…we have a very big three month plan and your patience with us will be well rewarded. We shall continue to ‘maintain the integrity and build the excitement of Porsche Harmony’ just as John (Gregory) himself did …and will expand and improve Spyder Automobiles to even greater standards.

This is just the beginning….many new and exciting things are on the horizon and we invite you to enjoy our unique service and celebrate the refreshed and revitalised Spyder Automobiles in the new financial year."

Mike has been making better progress than me - proof of the utter mess he is making whilst sorting spares is in the pic below :wink: ! I am too embarrassed to show you my mess (walking into my office is NOT a good idea!)...I have 40 years of magazines spread all over the place! We've had some other setbacks too - like my hard drive dying right in the middle of finishing tax reports before I had the chance to back everything up (technology is such a wonderful thing - when it's working!)...

Then - the Moorabbin factories fire! Yes folks this was very close indeed - 50 metres or so away from us. Thankfully the wind was blowing in the right direction to keep us safe, but it was a harrowing and very sad day to see such devastation almost on our doorstep. Our parking area was well utilised by the staff of Selectopedic for the day - 55 of them sat and watched the blaze in utter disbelief. 11 minutes was really all it took for several factories to be ablaze - we had MFB and CFA units lined along our street for hours. It was a miracle that no-one was maimed or worse. The only funny thing for the day was watching the TV anchorwomen totter up and down Keys Road on 4" spikes chasing interviews - rolled ankles galore :lol: !

The first lot of "stuff" has gone on eBay...if you're into VWs or need obscure bearing pullers, spring compressors and single phase motors you can't pick up then my auctions are for you :shock: ! Honestly...I should have known and remembered what is hiding in the many shelves...well I do now!

Now to P-car news:

We have received the first order of the engine bay fuse cover knurled screws. We are very happy with the result - almost all of the initial order have been sold. We have 4 left I think, so if you would like one or two please email us. Cost is as originally stated: $33.00 per screw incl GST plus postage.

We are planning to hold one or more "happy hour" sales. This won't occur for a few weeks yet as we need to progress further with our task. We will give everyone plenty of notice for the first of these events, so start filling your piggy banks :wink: .

As a thank you for everyone's patience with us during this time we are extending our March Offers until June 30, so please see our previous post "March Offers from Spyder Automobiles".

Wishing you safe and happy TYP901 motoring,

Lisa Gregory and Mike Jacobson
    Attached Files
Working...
X