Wanted - 911/912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted - 911/912

A friend (Alex) is looking for an early car...911 preferred It is his first P car and he 'needs' a pre 74. We have discussed the idea of a 912 or 914 but has to be a pre 74 even if its a mongrel

His budget puts him in the project - forward date - needs work - converted car category!

Does anyone have knowledge on any of the early cars currently listed on usual places E.G. Delphin grey car (Ebay), black 72 forward date with funky quad light set up (Ebay), 68 Targa Gumtree etc. Also anyone have knowledge of the LHD 912 on car sales?

Any other leads appreciated.

cheers
    Michel

Haven't you got a couple for sale? :p
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

my 'T' is out of his budget and he still does not really want to consider a 912...hence my description above...mongrel

Comment

Tell him to read the other posts about buying a "cheap" 911 and see what he will eventually spend. I assume as he knows you he will have some understanding of what these cars truly cost to fix up and bring back to original looks etc.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

hes had a good talking too but adamant - won't even consider an sc which would be a better bet for the money

Comment

Your 912 would be perfect.

Comment

Alex has seen some sense andwill look at a good oz delivered 912 - anyone have a lead?

Comment

Dont have a lead but the last one I saw that sold was at shannons and that was a converted lhd was in ok condition and got about $36K

Comment

Further to that, there is a 912 on Ebay that has passed through several times at about $25K and just reading the Q&A on that is a good laugh. Am I just cynical or is a rough looking 1967 porsche really likely to be rust free? I had the luxury of seeing my latest purchase fully stripped down and on a rotisserie and there were plenty of issues all of which you would expect for an old Porsche.

Comment

Working...
                  X