Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTD RHD to LHD parts

Hi all,

I have decided to take on a Frankenmonster 1970S that is in need of a total resto (more details on it later!)

What I am after is those annoying parts in the garage that many of you have when you have done a LHD to RHD conversion.

I am going back the other way and returning this car to its original LHD configuration.

I am also after any rust repair panels that may have been left over from rebuild that people may want to get rid of.

Obviously pedal box, floor boards, dash, dash panel are a good start.

Rust repair = anything as its a where isn't it rusty project!

Thanks

RHD to LHD... Now that's a request for parts you don't see everyday!

Comment

Tim, keep an eye out for those ubiquitous LHD import projects that people give up on. I scored my LHD donor shell for $500 (and recently threw away the LHD dash and binacle as well as the LHD floor pedal box )

As discussed, I have some floor metal and a rear suspension crossmember here. Regarding the torsion tube area and dog-leg - they are different on the later cars, so you may be better sourcing new from Restoration Design
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks John,

I think amongst us all there will be a bit of stuff I can pick up!

Comment

Oh, and a rotisserie if anyone has one in QLD?

Comment

The Octisserie is here, though Jeff E has first dibs. I've got the plans and dimensions - it makes a great "Introduction to Welding" project
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Tim, I have a few part panels from my carrera resto and will do a stocktake when I get home with the '65 912.
              When I say part panels, they are both door lock posts and lower suspension pan which I dissected and only used some of.
              May be useless to you but in due course I'll send you some pics.

Comment

Thanks Chris. That sounds great, I'm sure some of those will come in handy!

Comment

Working...
                X