Another carpet Gruppe buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another carpet Gruppe buy ?

I am now in a position that i need a carpet set for the project and spoke to John at Classic British and German today.

He will honour the group buy price of $990 for the register with a minimum of 5 sets but ideally 10 as this uses a whole roll of carpet.

This is as good as it gets as far as quality and authenticity if you read what the others have posted at more than $500 less than their listed price. The price is plus shipping.

With a big thanks to John Forcier for his work on the original buy, I will manage this one, send me a pm with

1. model year
    2. body type
    3. gearbox type
    4. if you require protective plate
    5. your name
    6. postal address
    7. contact email

regards
    Last edited by epilot; 26-09-12, 04:33 PM. Reason: pm requirements
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Hi Craig

I've had a few people email/PM me that missed the first round, so I'm confident you'll get a 5-10 take-up. Put it on the Aussie forums at Pelican and Early S as well for a wider audience, there's also a group of 901 lovin' kiwis (John Gausden/Advtracing heads them up). If numbers get critical, you could try some Poms on DDK...

Make sure you clarify targa/coupe (there's a difference), and 901/915 gearbox regardless of the model I also recommend the protective stainless plate in the driver footwell (even though I don't think it turned up until the 1972 MY)
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I'm probably 12 months away from needing these for the '65 but will probably jump on.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
        12 months away
        Love a bit of optimism

Comment

I am in for one set.
          1. model year-->1969 911S
          2. body type-->Couple
          3. gearbox type-->I still not sure what gearbox is in my car right now, but I will go with an original gearbox for the car year. "901" Pls correct me if I am wrong.
          4. if you require protective plate-->Yes
          5. your name-->Dispong Phuphatana
          6. postal address-->81/2 Soi Phaholyothin 14, Phaholyothin Road, Payathai, Bangkok, 10400 THAILAND
          7. contact email-->khunnammon@hotmail.com

Best Regards,
          Nammon

Comment

[QUOTE=nammon;38552]gearbox type-->I still not sure what gearbox is in my car right now, but I will go with an original gearbox for the car year. "901" Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Original (if car was a delivered as a manual) would have been a 901, but a 915 is a common swap.

901:

915:

Comment

Hi Craig,
              could you please send me your mob. number as I would like to ask you some questions about the purchase.
              Regards
              Eddie Lachowicz

Comment

Hello Dirk Janek, Thank you for a clarification

Comment

Craig,

I need only a couple pieces not a complete set - would this be possible?

Regards

Michel

Comment

maybe ?

michel,

not sure,

ask tess@prostitch.com.au therese is our contact

the order has gone in and there was some doubt about the amount of material they had coming in, there may be a few odd bits to suit, but you may be out of luck...

regards
                    Craig
                    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                    1972 2.4E Targa project
                    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

see my update here...

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.
                      Richard Griffiths
                      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Wow thats disappointing and I don't want in if my set is going to be like that the no repsonse is even more disappointing.

John has also sort of said his didn't fit all that well either
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Can we cancl our orders???
                          '71 911 T 2.7
                          TYP 901 Register #16
                          Early 911S Register #2460
                          Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Mine required "fettling", not re-construction.

The thing that's clear with the Haargarn is that it has no real stretch - unlike perlon. You can't just slap it in as it requires very accurate positioning and some trial an error. The trickiest part is definitely the front kick panel and sill panel interface. I suspect there is a real disadvantage to not having the car and tradesman together... Any minor discrepancies can be compensated for at the time of fabricating and installing.

As the organiser of the buy it concerns me if you're not satisfied - and certainly if you haven't got what you paid for or it's not fit for purpose then a refund/reduced price should be sought from the vendor.

As you guys probably know, I'm pretty handy and have a pretty good tool collection so I'll give most things a go. This is a project that in hind sight might be one for a pro if you have any doubts. Super sharp knives and scissors are a must. A heat gun and good quality glue is also required. And lots and lots of time... If this isn't you, then use a pro as Rich has.

My carpet is mostly in - I won't finalise it until all wiring and complementary upholstery is complete. I'm not defending the vendor, but FWIW mine fits and I haven't required extra material. But install is not a walk in the park and I can see why it's a dedicated trade!
                            Attached Files
                            John Forcier
                            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                            Restoration Saga
                            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Perhaps we are getting a little ahead of ourselves, me included

There have been many of these kits sold in the first run and surely some fully installed and nothing but praise for quality up until Richards post.

"Classic" has his in and seemed very happy.

Richard can you elaborate on the "added piece" part as thats the bit that concerns me most and do you think Blackmans are making more out of it than there is due to the fact they missed half the gig in the first place??
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X