Carsales: 1972 PORSCHE 911E $55,650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carsales: 1972 PORSCHE 911E $55,650

no idea if this has been put up before...

This car has been continuously developed over the years to present to a great standard. Quick, reliable and very engaging to drive.

Specification includes:

• Engine Rebuild: 1970 2.2 “S” MFI engine and 901 gearbox with factory LSD, rebuilt to 2.5 litre short-stroke configuration in 1997 by Autoart in Melbourne (less than 30,000kms ago), with the spigots bored to 90mm to accommodate 2.7 RS pistons, S camshafts, upgraded with 3.2 tensioners, the stroke was retained at 66mm explaining the engine's propensity to rev, recent SSI's and a new Dansk Stainless Sports Muffler - dyno report estimating 194bhp at the flywheel.

• Suspension restored: complete suspension overhaul by Bob Whyms with original RS Bilstiens front and back delivered from Germany, all bushes upgraded, turbo track rod ends upgrade, anti-bump steer kit, and Bob Whyms strut brace installed.

• Brakes restored: complete brake overhaul by Bob Whyms with new S front calipers and discs installed and the rear calipers reconditioned with a caliper kit.

• Body work: Originally a 1972 E body, upgraded to RS look with Carrera 3.2 steel rear guards by Zag Automotive, full respray to Gulf Blue with contrasting Gulf Orange details.

• Interior: Great condition interior with period recaro sports seats, and correct period edition “momo proto-tipo” wheel, and Blaupunkt stereo, new carpets and headlining.

• Comes with good history with receipts for over $20,000 of work with Autohaus and Bob Wyhms in the past 7 years.

I have owned this car since 2007 and completed less than 16,000kms. This is my 4th Porsche 911.

Happy to p/x to an interesting spec 964/993/996 or 997.

Price is negotiable so call me to discuss. Stuart
    Attached Files
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

There are some nice cars on the market at the moment,some for not alot more than the cost of the running gear.Good time to be buying!
    Jap del 75 911 lhd 3.2

Comment

It's a lovely looking car that sounds like it has a nice power package...

It is a LHD conversion
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I have seen that car in the flesh many times. It is lovely, and looks like a very fair price considering all that has been done on it. IMHO

Comment

Working...
        X