Later Front Suspension with Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later Front Suspension with Brakes

I'm contemplating upgrading my brakes....

They stop ok... but the pedal is longer than I'd like...

Having driven a few other cars lately I think it could be better, but everything that needs renewing has been done and I still have a longish pedal.

It used not to bother me... but now I'm more aware of it. And I'd like to run the car in one or two of the pcnsw regularity events on the track... such as Wakefield Park

I'm told on swb brakes the mounting plate moves slightly under pressure... this translates back up through the pedal...

My options are:

update to S style calipers (which will improve things) but not significantly.

put an sc type front suspension in (and keep the old one). Common amongst the R Gruppe / S Registry guys and seemingly cost effective..

fit boxster brakes (superior but way too dear given my use of the car)... and not in keeping with how I wish to have the car.

Thoughts anyone?

Justin R
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

hey justin

i would try and a front brake cooling kit and some competition pads for starters. the cooling kits are pretty easy to fit and the scoops, which sit under the A-arm, are pretty unobtrusive.

you may also wish to try a larger diameter master cylinder to give a firmer pedal/less travel. there is a 23mm Merc Benz one that is commonly used and is pretty easy to fit.

Comment

Working...
    X