Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 911E Targa for sale

(I have no connection to this car)

Fails to mention that it is a LHD to RHD conversion! Or maybe he has got the year wrong and it's really a 73.
    Last edited by npvpositive; 25-02-13, 05:01 PM.

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
    It is a 73 but with a low enough number to be possibly delivered in 1972. The number is 9113210655. I will check later if it is locally delivered.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Looks a bit suss if you ask me... scam alert maybe?
      Mark Munro
      '69 911T (sold)
      '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
      '69 MG Midget Group S car
      TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Originally posted by markymark_1968 View Post
        Looks a bit suss if you ask me... scam alert maybe?
        no looks more to me like a bad presentation of a car for sale
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
          It is a 73 but with a low enough number to be possibly delivered in 1972. The number is 9113210655. I will check later if it is locally delivered.
          this car IS on my list of Australian delivered / ordered cars as a 5 speed 911E targa

HOWEVER
          it is one of 10 chassis numbers that are on the list i got from Porsche years ago that are 1973 targa E 5 speeds against the official total of 8 ordered. There are a few areas like that in the data base and the only thing i have been able to put it down to is that there were probably a few extra cars that came in almost new and were added to a list of cars here and somehow all of them have ended up on the list i got of "Australian delivered" which does not quite match up in places with the order sheets

And for those who are thinking maybe it was a sporto - no all 12 of those are accounted for with a chassis number in the records.

there is another funny thing about this car on my list. Most cars on the list have the paint code on it. This car, and a few others over the years, have instead the code "R FI". I have tried for years to find out what that means - it is to often used to be a typo. Maybe with this car there is a chance to find out. In all cases where i have seen the R FI there have been more chassis numbers recorded than cars ordered. Therefore it may be a sign that this car was not originally Australian delivered however hopefully we can find out more about it and maybe solve one of my littl;e mysteries with the data base.
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

The seller certainly hasn't invested any effort in the photos.

Comment

Think this was the car sold at Welmeister's not so long ago, I remember the colour and 7" fuchs.

Cheers
              Craig Sedgman
              914/6 GT Clone Project
              996 C2.1

Comment

Pure guess work Hugh, but I wonder if the "FI" in R FI stands for "foreign import" ???

Comment

or rusty foreign import (which it is not)
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                  X