Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AirBoy Brake Bleeder Group Buy

Hi all,

just wondering if someone here is up for buying one of those AirBoy suction brake bleeders Carl was mentioning last weekend at the brake clinic?

I have found a supplier who has three on the shelf and I myself are keen for one at $69+ph so maybe a group by can secure a discount or at least split the shipping?
    Just putting it out there, I am going to pull the trigger next week, so let me know,please?

http://www.justtools.com.au/prod3560.htm

• New ‘move around freely’ brake bleeder gun, with 0.75 litre canister
    • Premium quality, made in Denmark
    • 12 month warranty on all Air Boy products

• Move around freely with our new brake bleeder gun.
    • Creates a vacuum (up to 60%) in the plastic canister allowing you to use the unit without the air compressor running (after the initial run on the air compressor to create the vacuum).
    • This unit has a ball valve to maintain the inner vacuum. Also includes the motorbike accelerated brake bleeder.

• Ergonomically correct design; fits the hand snugly, with the trigger design making it easy to obtain the precise quantity of air required.
    • Durable & strong; all Air Boy inlets are made from hard wearing Acetal Plastic that’s harder than brass.
    • Combines maximum air flow with a low level of noise, good functional properties, operational reliability & long life.

• Connection: 1/4" internal thread
    • Air Supply: 16 bar max
    • Consumption: Max. 380 L. air/min. at 8 bar
    • Temperature Range: -10ºC to +80ºC
    Last edited by KDF; 10-05-13, 09:43 AM.

quick search on google, depending on postage $69 is a good price.

might be interested - but could just become another 'toy' that doesn't get much use...
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Hi Rich,

well, I look at it this way: If you use it twice instead of having someone doing it for you - you probably have your money back (considering you have to buy brake fluid,as well and already have a compressor).
      If you go to Phil you probably don't even get a "good day" and coffe for that ;-)

Comment

I'll grab one, was just about to buy one off ebay for the same price.

Let me know how you go.
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

I've been using the 'pressure bleeding' as opposed to vacuum bleeding for the last 10 years on my race car and never had any issue, the advantage is that you don't need an air compressor, just pump it up yourself.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...Prc30_pg15.htm
          GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Hi all,

ok, I just commited to buying the three. We can work things out later I guess.
            Shipping is $30 so $10 each = I am happy to let go of the other two for $79 ea. Pick up in Bayswater or Knoxfield or could bring to Eastern Creek for the Reunion thingy, next tech clinic or drop off at Clyde's if he is cool with that....

Comment

Originally posted by hmd View Post
              I've been using the 'pressure bleeding' as opposed to vacuum bleeding for the last 10 years on my race car and never had any issue, the advantage is that you don't need an air compressor, just pump it up yourself.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...Prc30_pg15.htm
              I use a bike pump to slightly pressurise the reserviour through to overflow connection. Crack the bleed nipple. Repeat.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Thanks Marty,

I've client's in Bayswater so over there often, let me know when they're in and I'll grab one. Do you want me to paypal you some money?

Cheers
                Paul Wischer
                1969 911T
                1979 Californian Moke

Comment

Hi Paul,

she'll be right. Cash on pick up should work just fine. I'll chime in as soon as I have them in my hot little hands....;-)

Comment

Hi all,

ok-items have arrived.

Cardboard boxes look a little shop soiled but items inside are brand new looking.
                    Only downside I didn't consider is that there are no fittings on them to connect up an air hose.

Since there are many styles out there, I suppose it makes sense:
                    Nitto, Ryco & Jamec Air Fittings are kind of common.

I will get Nitto, but have some older styles in the shed if someone wants theirs fitted up ready to go, let me know and I try to accommodate...

Also have several lenghts of blue air hose if someone wants only a couple of meters with the AirBoy to avoid unreeling a full roll everytime you want to use it....

Comment

Merchandise arrived

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                      I'll grab one, was just about to buy one off ebay for the same price.

Let me know how you go.
                      Hey Paul,

got your stuff. Let me know when you want to swing past and if you need a Nitto fitting to connect to your compressor, please?

Comment

Hi Marty,

Sent you a PM.

Cheers
                        Paul Wischer
                        1969 911T
                        1979 Californian Moke

Comment

Hi Paul,

thank you for a quick and painless transaction.

Keep us posted how you go with the gadget and the new calipers....

Comment

Working...
                          X