Scam car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam car

the car has been used in shonky ads, but this time it is for sale by the actual owner
    Last edited by Michel; 17-05-13, 05:17 PM. Reason: to not cause confusion

No scam! this car has been looked at in detail by at least one member here, who has spent time with the seller and visited his home.
    It is true that images of this car had been used in previous scam ads.

Comment

the email of the person asking questions is otrustem.....o...trust...em

It may not be a scam now but that email ifs funny
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi Clyde,

That was me who asked questions about the car, all I want to see is additional pictures of underside and interior since the pictures provided on the Ebay ad was limited. As we all know these early cars are prone to rust.

Anyway, I'm newbie here and currently looking for an early 911/912 preferably RHD for import to Jakarta, Indonesia. So I will be needing all the help from members here.

I live in Jakarta and currently own a 3.2 Carrera and now have fallen hard for an early long hood car. If anyone here who is visiting Jakarta or needs information about anything in Jakarta, I'll be glad to help.

Regards,
        Oemar

Comment

Oemar I am in Jak quite regularly (for the last 30 years..). I will be coming thru on way to Jayapura in a couple of months and will catch up if possible.

Merv

Comment

Good day mate!

It'll be my pleasure, just PM me. BTW, I met an Aussie expat here too via M5board.com

Regards,
            Oemar

Comment

Hey Oemar, welcome to the Forum.

Are you specifically after a SWB or a LWB early 911 ?

I am sure there are plenty of members here happy to help inspect a car if its local to them. I too remember this red car being previously advertised but there have to be some problems if it hasnt sold yet.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hi,
                I've seen this car and its located only 5 minutes down the road from me.
                Happy to PM'd if I can be of any assistance.
                Cheers, Luke

Comment

Selamat Datang Oemar !

Baik beruntung untuk 911 pencarian
                  Cam Arnott
                  Looking for engine #6208151
                  1970 911E (Sold)
                  '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                  2 x Split Screen Kombis
                  TYP 901 Register # 78
                  Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hi Phil & Luke,

Thanks for the kind offer, I think I will start a new thread so this will not deviate from original intent of this post.

I'm looking for a good driver condition, matching number if possible RHD 911/912, SWB/LWB doesn't matter, most important is no/minimal rust.

I have to buy the best condition car I can afford as there is no parts
                    or expertise available here, so everything must be imported.

The best possible situation is to buy from a forum member car here whose car history is well known.

I've been looking at LHD cars in US (Pelicans, Early911s, 912BBS) since they have the largest selection and prices are still reasonable compare to Europe but I notice the Europeans are also buying up cars in the US too.

Thanks,
                    Oemar

Comment

I looked at this car about 6 years ago when it was for sale in Boxhill . The owner at that time had purchased it from the Healy factory about a year prior. According to the add from the Healy factory it had had a "full engine rebuild" but no receipts or paper work were available .
                      It's still being advertised with a " full engine rebuild " and also still no receipts available ?
                      That being said it did present well .
                      If your not fussed about LHD and the matching numbers thing I think it would be worth a look .
                      A cheap driver that you wouldn't have to worry to much about !
                      He was also asking for about the same sort of money back then so cars like this don't seem to be following the upward trend .

Cheers Doug

Comment

Hi Cameron,

Terima kasih dan apa kabar? Looks like you have been to Indonesia many times.

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
                        Selamat Datang Oemar !

Baik beruntung untuk 911 pencarian

Comment

Baik baik saja terimah kasih Oemar.

Yes a few trips and some Bahasa studies many years ago at school.

I think your English is better than my Bahasa!
                          Cam Arnott
                          Looking for engine #6208151
                          1970 911E (Sold)
                          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                          2 x Split Screen Kombis
                          TYP 901 Register # 78
                          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Hi Doug...

Thanks a lot for the heads up. Good day mate...

Originally posted by Doug.W View Post
                            I looked at this car about 6 years ago when it was for sale in Boxhill . The owner at that time had purchased it from the Healy factory about a year prior. According to the add from the Healy factory it had had a "full engine rebuild" but no receipts or paper work were available .
                            It's still being advertised with a " full engine rebuild " and also still no receipts available ?
                            That being said it did present well .
                            If your not fussed about LHD and the matching numbers thing I think it would be worth a look .
                            A cheap driver that you wouldn't have to worry to much about !
                            He was also asking for about the same sort of money back then so cars like this don't seem to be following the upward trend .

Cheers Doug

Comment

Yes the cars are moving across the oceans between the US and Europe. Here is a 356 just near me. Tidak mahal.

Comment

Working...
                              X