For Sale '71 911 Aust Delivered matching no.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 '911T for Sale

Alex, this is a factory 5 speed Manual. Australian Delivered with Certificate from PCA..Not a sporto

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
      I think this is the car that my dad owned. He said it had under dash (not factory) air when he had it. It also started like as a Sporto.

Great car
      Guess not Alex.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by John Kanelopoulos View Post
        Alex, this is a factory 5 speed Manual. Australian Delivered with Certificate from PCA..Not a sporto
        It's always been a 5 speed... Never thought it'd be for sale!!

Good luck with the sale Johnny!

Regards from Indo

Comment

Sorry. According to the engine number by my reckoning it is/was a Sporto!

Last edited by alexwebster; 06-06-13, 02:26 PM.
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
            Sorry. According to the engine number by my reckoning it is/was a Sporto!

http://www.elferhelfer.de/fzident/fzident70-71.htm
            Alex, it is confusing as the "0" in the engine no. suggests a '70T, and in the table, the engine no 6103777 fits the range for US '70T. So from John's info it appears that this car was factory fitted with gearbox/motor from US spec car ???
            VIN no also suggests it is a '70T

As comparison, KYJ is a '71 coupe with VIN 9111101309 (no. 1309 in 1971 run) and engine no. 6112216 which is correct for '71T
            Last edited by MrUpwey; 06-06-13, 03:00 PM.
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Love mysteries

It certainly does appear that Alex is right if the numbers posted are correct

Chassis number makes it a 1970 for sure not 1971 and was once a sporto if the engine number is correct......have you fallen off your chair yet John?
              Last edited by Terminator; 06-06-13, 02:58 PM.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

"It certainly does appear that Alex is right if the numbers posted are correct"

Can only comment on the numbers posted.
                Alex Webster
                A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

It was good spotting Alex I will be interested in Johns take on this information
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

OK now I am confused
                    according to Johns other post the car is chassis number 9110101793 and has engine number 6103772.
                    I have that car as ORDERED by Hamilton on order code 911114 for the 1970 model year.
                    that translates to a 1970 911 (911) T coupe (1) with a T engine (1) and a 5 speed manual gear box (4)
                    furthermore i have color code 8484 (Medium Blue Metallic) against it

So John does have the year partly wrong - it is MODEL YEAR 1970 as distinguished by the fourth 0 in the chassis number and third number 0 in the engine number representing 1970

However it was sold in 1971 and may have even been completed in 1971 given how far through the run it was - the distinction between MY and sale year always trips people up and some use one and others use the other.

as to the sporto side - this is where it is interesting, and confusing. NORMALLY the fourth number in the engine number signifies whether it is a sporto or not. In 1970, for T's for ROW cars a 3 signifies a sporto - hence Alex's comments. However for some reason, maybe due to the fact that it was only the second model year that the new system was being used and maybe there was unexpected demand for manual T's, the number 3 was also used for USA 911/07 T manual engines and the only ROW 911/06 sporto engines were in the range 3001 to 3230. John's car falls outside this range so must be a US spec engine which begin at 6103501 (which seem to have the same power and torque numbers as a ROW car). As an aside US sportos had a 5 as the fourth number in the engine number

I have no doubt that john's car is as he says it is except it s a 1970 MY car.
                    however to put this matter absolutely beyond doubt he could confirm the engine type number (found close to the engine number) or show the details from Porsche which i am certain will back up his story
                    Last edited by HughH; 06-06-13, 07:59 PM.
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

According to Porsche Australia, the vehicle is a 1970 model (delivered to Australia by Hamiltons on 14/07/71). First registered in 1971. So yes it is 1970 not 1971. According to the Certificate letter issued by Porsche Australia it was delivered as a Five Speed Manual. As can be seen in the attached letter from Porsche.IMG_0666.jpg

Comment

Myth busted!
                        Craig Sedgman
                        914/6 GT Clone Project
                        996 C2.1

Comment

As most of us do, I did my due diligence and went down to Porsche Australia to request a historical search on the 911 and the original order. Hence the letter authenticating the vehicle credentials.

Comment

Case closed 1970 5 speed...now where are the buyers this is a great car that John has constantly improved and ceratainly nutured during his ownership.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Thanks Clyde, I had my baby out today tearing around in the sunshine..its a real good looking 911' nicely set up and just slightly lowered on the 15" fuchs..how can I let it go? Damn I don't know if I can do it!

Comment

Sellers remorse.
                                sigpicPhil Lack
                                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                                R-Gruppe # 367
                                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X