Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handbook

Hi, I'd like to keep maintenance records in an original handbook or something semi authentic.
    I've had a look around but no joy.
    Any ideas? Cheers, Luke

luke the only "official" thing that i have seen is the maintenance book that came with the car for dealer service stamps etc. it also has a section at the back for major items - timing chains etc
    however that does not really help you much

i have put all the records of the car - invoices etc - in a folder (at least they are all there from about 1990 and i am now onto folder 2.)
    i cant think of anything else that would work better
    also in the past few years i have recorded all petrol fills, number of litres, date and mileage - maybe a bit over the top but gives a good record of use and allowed me to see the improvements in the fuel economy with the fiddling with the mfi pump over time (that trip up to sydney was 10.7 l/100 on the highway and only 12 l/100 including the snowy mountains and sydney etc. a far cry from what it used to do)
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

G'Day Hugh,
      Thanks for the reply.
      I've started a similar folder. Perhaps I'll see if I can source a Porsche branded ring binder to keep it all in
      Cheers, Luke

Comment

luke,

is this the sort of thing you were thinking about?

i think these folders are for the glovebox to hold your maintenznce record and drivers manual ?
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Hi Craig,
          Thanks for the link.
          I was thinking more, paper based maintenance book for service stamps, mileage and the like.
          In the interim I have acquired a white ring binder from the companies stationery cupboard and placed a Rennsport sticker on the front - Very authentic
          Cheers, Luke

Comment

Working...
          X