Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slightly more sophisticated than Nigerian prince

Gents,

I want to share this scamming scheme with you so you are all aware when you have a car on sale.

Basically these guys are from China (in between getting ASIO building plan) they have programming bots and scan for car sales adverts. to make it a bit more authentic they actually use a 'web to sms' service and send you a text asking if your car is still for sale with a return email address. of course when you ring the number it's not on so you will more likely return their email query and here is the email trail I had.

EFFF OFF and stop your bots texting me every EFFING night.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM, HMD wrote:
    go away scammer.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

I have just completed the payment and i expected paypal to have notified you to this effect.check your mail folders i sent $70,750 in all.i added $2,750 but $2,550 will be sent to my pickup agent headquarters in China through western union at post office,the extra $200 is to cover the western union fee. PayPal will not release the fund until you email them the western union details for verification,and also to enable my pick up agent to come for pick up and inspection.Here is the agent's details where the money will be sent.

Name Li Feng
    Address:10 Jiuxianqiao Lu
    City: Beijing
    State: Beijing
    Zip Code: 100024

please get the necessary details sent to PayPal (Money Transfer Control Number)MTCN and senders name and address used to send the $2,550 so that they can release the whole fund into your account.Please get back to me once done.
    thanks.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM, hmd <hmd> wrote:
    not going to happen.

Regards,
    hmd

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:
    I was just about to pay when i had this problem with the pick up, my pick up agent says i will need to pay for the pick up before they can schedule a pick up time, they charged me $2,550 for pick up and delivery and payments for pick up made through them is made to their corporate international headquarters in China and the payments is made through western union money transfer, i will add the $2,550 to the money i will send as soon as i have made the payments,i will need you to help me send the money to my pick up agent HQ in China through western union money transfer, this can be done from any post office,there is always western union money transfer section in most post offices,i would have done it myself but as i am at sea and didnt bring my credit card aboard,.I will appreciate your help here and thanks for your understanding.
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok good,i will proceed with payment shortly,but i will have to contact my pickup agent now regarding pickup arrangement,will keep you posted.
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM, hmd <hmd> wrote:
    Robert,

The price is 68K my paypal is .....

Regards,
    hmd

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. You should immediately delete the message if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email by mistake please delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its content to anyone.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok mate,do get back to me with your PayPal email and your vehicle price so i can proceed with payment and contact my pickup agent to arrange a convenient
    pickup time with you once payment is been sorted by me
    Thanks

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM, robert herbert <robertherbert611@gmail.com> wrote:
    Thanks for mailing back,am ok with the price but would be glad if you could state any issues with the present condition and service history,i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project.We do not have access to phone at the moment,due to bad mobile network, and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your bsb and account number if you have no PayPal account.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your account.
    Regards
    GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Sounds legit!
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

I lost count of how many scammers made contact on my ad.....

Lots out there with too much time on their hands!
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

it must be profitable or they wouldn't bother!
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

They are relentless they keep texting me with difference email address, I suspect this is from my105.com. I have changed my phone number there to something like 0 four11 twoeighttwo 572

let see how smart the bots are.
          GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Apparently we have a new member on the Forum: BOT911.

Am sure he will be contacting you shortly.....
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
            X