71 911T project for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 911T project for sale

I am selling my unfinished 911T project.
    Car is a bare shell in a rollover frame. The shell has had the rear seat removed due to rust, the rear slam panel was removed for damage. The rear guards have been removed, one side was damaged and the other side was removed for better access. Both have been retained to salvage parts off. the shell includes front guards, both doors, front and rear deck lids. The front slam panel has been replaced with a new panel, removal of the front pan has been started due to jack damage. The floor has some damage but can be salvaged. the pedal box is rusty and needs replacing. The kidney bowls are in good condition with no rust as is the torsion tube and the sills are also in good condition. The car does have evidence of accident damage and may need to go on a jig to be straightened but does not seem excessive.
    The car has the majority of the suspension and steering parts, only thing missing are the shocks, rear spring plates and rear torsion bars. It has all brake calipers with a seal kit included it does not have a master cylinder as it was extremely rusty and was disposed of. there are also many other miscellaneous parts with the car that can be seen in the photos including an almost complete wiring harness. Car does not include an interior.
    I am asking $2000 for the lot. It would make a good parts car or if you wish you could restore it.
    I also have a set of Canford Classics 911ST steel rear flares, a set of alloy rear arms and front crossmember and a set of bilstein shocks with 911S front struts all in great condition availiable at extra cost.
    Buyer is required to organize any shipping or pickup.
    Car is located in North West Sydney
    Contact me through the site or though my e-mail a239947@live.com.au, I am happy to answer any questions.

Cheers
    Dylan
    Attached Files

more pics

Some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

I would grab it if I could figure an easy way to get it back to South Aus.��

Comment

Lots of good stuff there for the money Dylan!
        The rear fender in the picture even looks like it has rs flare welded on.
        Should sell quickly.
        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Carn Sean read the fine print, extra for the guards��

Comment

This should be a fine example to some of the lurkers here looking for a "cheap" early car as to the amount of work that MAY be required to get a bargain 911 back to a reasonably good car.

Its threads like this and of course, Fishcops resto that make Chris Heals car look positively cheap at his now reduced asking price. The amount of time, effort and cash needed to get a very average car back up to being a great car is extreme to say the least.

I have spent plenty on fixing several early 911's and sometimes (no make that often) wonder why I did it. If you add it all up at the end, and put some value on your time, you have definitely paid more than buying a car where all the hard work was done by someone else.

Anyway, good luck with the sale and hopefully someone gets to finish the car back to a great example.

Time, patience and money, eh John ?
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the interest. Just to clear up any confusion. the rear quarters do come with the car and they seem to have a set of SC guards welded on, although not very nicely. This is a photo of the RH quarter. It seems to have been replaced following an accident and was not installed very well. Also shown is how they attempted to line it up with the door. It also had lots of bog trying to cover it up. The LH side is in very good condition in comparison. I have also included a pic of the RH front guard which has a little rust but otherwise is very good and the LH side is even better.
              The Canford classics Flares are available separately to all this. They are the flares only and have never been fitted and in fantastic condition. I am asking $1000 for the flares alone. They were imported from the UK and cost me a lot more then this when the dollar was good. A great deal if you want them.
              Attached Files

Comment

They are not Sc flares they are Rs, Sc are narrow profile on the top of curve.
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Dylan,

I sent you an email.

Thanks

Comment

Tim, you have a problem...

Certainly a fair price for what's there - the octisserie alone is worth the price of admission
                    John Forcier
                    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                    Restoration Saga
                    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Wonderful piece of engineering that octisserie, god only knows who came up with that stroke of genius hey John!

Comment

Can't really claim it... Gary Emory and Wevo did it first
                        John Forcier
                        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                        Restoration Saga
                        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

New Pics

here are some new pics of the extra parts

The alloy rear arms seem to be two slightly different castings as they may be from different years but are otherwise the same.

The Struts have been lowered by 20mm and also gusseted. They are re-furbished and not used since.

The flares are rears only. Handmade from a template taken from an original ST from Canford Classics in the UK. They can be viewed here: http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk/ They have been coated with galvanizing spray, hence the grey colour.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pics

A few more pics to re-invigorate a little interest.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you to everybody for their interest. I have now sold the car and all extra parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X