Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 911S 1972 on Carsales

Porsche 911S 1972 on Carsales.

Genuine Australian delivered 2.4 litre 911S in unbelievable original condition and with subtle enhancements to ensure that this unique investment also delivers the ultimate Classic driving experience. Only one fastidious owner since 1981 who commissioned Motion Automotive in 1990 to build a 2.7 motor to genuine Carrera specifications using all BRAND NEW parts. Genuine 2.7 Carrera cylinder heads were utilised and these were the only items not new in this build; every other component including case, crank, rods, barrels, injection pump etc, were bought new! Now still with only 100,000 kms travelled, this motor is in absolutely perfect condition. The body naturally is in pristine condition and has rear mudguard flares to Carrera specifications to compliment the genuine 7 & 8 x 15 Fuchs wheels. With 5 speed gearbox, beautiful original interior, electric windows, sunroof and Recaro seats the drivers needs are fully catered for. The vehicle has been used very sparingly and has never been used in any form of motorsport. Of course the original Owners Books are provided as is the full service history. Unfortunately advancing years and retirement have lead to the reluctant decision to part with this rare and collectable vehicle.
    Attached Files
    Peter D

TYP901# 233
    911T Coupe 68
    911E Targa 73
    911E Coupe 72 (sold)
    1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Good looker!
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Nice, but stating the obvious, non matching engine and butchered rear guards, aftermarket seats.

Comment

I missed that the engine isn't the original...

Everything else is correctable, but it is a little above what I imagine the market value would be.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I wonder if anyone has the correct engine...would change the proposition...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            I missed that the engine isn't the original...

Everything else is correctable, but it is a little above what I imagine the market value would be.
            It is interesting. I have not come across this car before - or even a reference to its chassis number as an Australian delivered car. However that does not mean that it is not one.

There are two distinct sources of records for Australian delivered cars from back then apart from going directly to Porsche. One gives a breakdown of the number of cars imported by type each year but no further detail. the other is a list of cars ordered by chassis number, colour, body type, engine type, transmission type.
            Unfortunately they dont quite match in all years for all models.
            for 1972 S's the first list of cars delivered shows 6 cars, 0ne 4 speed, 4 five speeds and one sporto.
            The biggest problem with the order list is that it was transcribed off individual written cards onto a computer list and later onto an excel spreadsheet - opening up the possibility for errors to creep in.

The order list only provides 4 chassis numbers for the 5 speeds and nothing for the other 2 cars. This is not one of the 4 five speeds on the second list. It is quite possibly the 4 speed or sporto and either the original documentation (via the transmission number) or Porsche can sort that out.

so, if it is an Australian car, i guess the transmission was also changed at some point in the cars history as well
            Last edited by HughH; 15-08-13, 10:09 PM.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Nice
              Dael Perlov
              '72 911 S (Replica)
              3.2 engine/G50 box/SSI

Comment

Gone, did you but another one Clyde??
                Craig Sedgman
                914/6 GT Clone Project
                996 C2.1

Comment

No Hugh frightened me off
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Checked the phone numbers and that's Louie from motion automotive .
                    Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                      No Hugh frightened me off
                      I work in a field that involves a lot of use of statistics and trend data to describe and document human behaviour and whether Hugh is right or wrong ( I suspect the former), I'm certainly impressed his attention to detail and process!

Comment

Does 'gone' mean 'sold'?

Comment

Still there when I last looked!

Comment

Still there and not sold had that confirmed today Hugh has confirmed uits Aussie I'll let him outline the info he has uncovered.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
                              Nice, but stating the obvious, non matching engine and butchered rear guards, aftermarket seats.
                              I agree with Chris, rear guards are completely wrong, even for a 73 RS. Are they SC guards ? Also seats are much later Recaros and dont really suit the car, especially when they are playing up the "original S" heritage.

Also wrong for a 72 are black horn grilles and indicator surrounds (should be silver) and electric window switches are from a later G series model and should be more square on the switches themselves, not rounded as shown.

These are the little things that point to how authentically the car has been maintained and would add to the list of what needs to be done to bring the car back to really "original" condition. Of concern is the wrong engine number from the new case which does really affect the "investment" value of the car - not saying their is anything wrong with the engine , but it adds to the reasons you cannot command the big dollars for the car.

But I guess these 911S cars are getting rare these days and you have to take what's available at the time.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                              Early 911-S Registry # 690
                              R-Gruppe # 367
                              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X