Simon's Blue T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon's Blue T

So here is the official for sale post for my '71T.Having just perused the C/sales advert,there's not much more to say.
    I've no history of the mechanics apart what I've written.I've been asked what condition the engine is in,my answer is...fast.
    The car was bought expressly to be part of a collection of various iconic cars on display in an historic service station I owned in Atherton.
    The theme being,first series of...ie:Bugeye Sprite,Volvo P1800,Triumph 2000 MK1,Alfetta GT,Volvo 122 wagon,etc.
    I don't think my sale price is off the mark at $40,000,given the other cars for sale at the moment.
    The discussion re my car has sparked quite a deal of interest,sorry about that.
    I'll see if the remainder of the photo's that weren't included in the add have come out,here goes

See car sales ad here

Attached Files
    Last edited by Terminator; 01-11-13, 11:37 PM.

Interest may equal sale

Suggest you add a link to your car sales add to amke it easy for those looking.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Looks a decent car Simon. Atherton? Nice area . My cousin lives in Tolga and has a nice old Aston. You might have seen it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
        Interest may equal sale

Suggest you add a link to your car sales add to amke it easy for those looking.
        Unfortunately(I've acquired a nickname on another marque site....Klink)........

Klink don't link!

I don't have the technology!

I'm more than welcome for someone else to do this task.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
          Looks a decent car Simon. Atherton? Nice area . My cousin lives in Tolga and has a nice old Aston. You might have seen it too.
          Merv,you'll be talking about Rowan P.

As you may(or not)know,when Rowan purchased that car(and with a great deal of respect)the the very bottom of the food chain with Astons'.
          An auto,DBS 6 cylinder on SU's.
          I'm sure you know the story of when it arrived up here....it drove off the truck(after having bought from a recognised,classic,dealer/restorer,in Melbourne),
          Ran/drove for about 3 miles.....then stopped.

After an engine rebuild! Rowan then,over the next 10 ish years,spent pretty close to the purchase price on the car.
          He then sold for about half the purchase price of the car!

We still bump into each other.......................I don't mention the Aston...

Actually the last line may have been a bit of theatre,I've a feeling he may have moved away.

Comment

Yes Simon it was a story filled with tragedy but also determination. He was determined to get that thing going properly. I saw it and wondered why. He is not short of money however, and could buy what ever he wanted to.

Nice guy Ro'. He had an MGB that was pretty schmick before that and always hankered for another one. I should give him a call soon. Or even drive the 911 up to see him.

Comment

After an engine rebuild! Rowan then,over the next 10 ish years,spent pretty close to the purchase price on the car.
              He then sold for about half the purchase price of the car!

Common result
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I think that applies to most of us at times... But someone got a good deal.
                Attached Files

Comment

A bit more on my car.
                  As I understand,the area around the torsion bars can be a cause of rust problems.
                  After an enquiry today,Marc,the wrench who's fixing the bits notated,had it on the hoist and has notified me that this area is rust-free...as is the rest of the underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonKlein View Post
                    A bit more on my car.
                    As I understand,the area around the torsion bars can be a cause of rust problems.
                    After an enquiry today,Marc,the wrench who's fixing the bits notated,had it on the hoist and has notified me that this area is rust-free...as is the rest of the underneath.
                    That's great news - it's easily the most complicated and expensive area to repair.

Hang in there, Qld always seems to be the last place people will come for a look I helped a mate sell his near perfect 72T earlier this year - for the money, I argue it was the best buy of the year. No one from the deep south would stone up a couple of hundred to fly up and have a look... The first person that did take to time to come have a look (a local) bought it on the spot.
                    John Forcier
                    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                    Restoration Saga
                    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

You reckon you guys have location issues.....!
                      Cam Arnott
                      Looking for engine #6208151
                      1970 911E (Sold)
                      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                      2 x Split Screen Kombis
                      TYP 901 Register # 78
                      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Another bit more on this car,Marc had it on the hoist 2day and checked "the seam" on both sides,he says they are both clear.
                        He is emailing me photo's 2night,only problem, I don't know how to get from my email onto this site.
                        Could I email them to someone who can do it or can spell out how to put them up.
                        Thanx,Simon.

Comment

I will help you Simon,email it to me if you still need help.
                          Sean.
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                            I will help you Simon,email it to me if you still need help.
                            Sean.
                            That'd be great,I've just got 'em so perhaps in the morning.
                            Can you PM your email address,thanx.
                            Simon.

Comment

Working...
                            X