FS 1972 T Coupe II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 1972 T Coupe II

The owner and silent member on this board has asked me to post this ad on his behalf. It is the same car posted earlier in the year, and remains the same very car I'd buy if I was in the market tomorrow...

Owner Nic is a racer at heart and is negotiating the purchase of another well known early 911 which is already log-booked and set up for competition. This car is just too nice to turn into a race car, and his wife won't let him have both

Nic purchased the car midyear and proceeded to work through a list of minor cosmetics and niggles to get this car absolutely spot on! He chased up old records and accessories as per the Kardex.

You may remember from earlier that this car is an ex-UK delivery (imported to Oz shortly after) that was a highly specced T including S trim, tinted glass, Recaros, full leather, rear wiper, and sunroof. The matching engine was the subject of a fully documented rebuild to 2.7RS specs (on original zeniths).

I have more than 30 fresh photos Nic has sent through, I'll post the cherries here and if you're interested, you can contact and deal with Nic directly.

If you are genuinely interested in an early, very correct and rust free 911 with fruit, you'd be an idiot not to have a look at this car... Sorry, I'm just sad I can't buy it.

PRICE: $75,000
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishcop; 19-11-13, 08:33 PM.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

I know Nic will chime in to answer any of your questions

Once again, to be clear I have no fiscal or otherwise interest in the car. I can vouch for it being as good as it looks in the photos.

Link to earlier ad this year http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4087

And some more miscellaneous photos...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishcop; 19-11-13, 07:29 PM.
    John Forcier
    Restoration Saga

Comment

Wow!
      I just read this from the start again this afternoon and was expecting the new owner to start posting on how happy he was with this purchase.
      What a great opportunity with the amount of work, history and effort that has gone into this car,somebody is going to get lucky...
      Bargain.
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Nic would not be selling except for wanting to race a 901 above street driving a 901... And he's not allowed both!
        John Forcier
        Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
          Wow!
          I just read this from the start again this afternoon and was expecting the new owner to start posting on how happy he was with this purchase.
          What a great opportunity with the amount of work, history and effort that has gone into this car,somebody is going to get lucky...
          Bargain.
          Let's see if one of the lurkers or dreamers steps up and buys it. The price is fair and anyone reading this thread needs to understand what you have to pay for a good, solid car.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
            Let's see if one of the lurkers or dreamers steps up and buys it. The price is fair and anyone reading this thread needs to understand what you have to pay for a good, solid car.
            I have had my fair share of lurkers/dreamers wasting my time on the red car.If you want to buy a good example,you have to pay.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Nic has purposely set the price at fair market value for great T, so I hope the tyre kicking is kept to a minimum.

This car is a text book example of a well kept early 911. Every option from the day it was delivered is still there and working. Modifications are invisible, desirable and properly documented.

The car is driven twice a week. It will pass any bodywork and mechanical inspection. And you have to promise to sell it to me when I win the lotto...
              John Forcier
              Restoration Saga

Comment

Hi all, thought it time I posted on the forum,been lurking in the shadows for too long.Firstly,a very big thank you to Fishcop(John) for posting my 72 t on the forum on my behalf-he's a great judge of cars in my opinion and his work on his car is brilliant.
                I would seriously love to keep this car but,I have this racing disease and have committed to a group Nc car that's come up and I be been chasing since missing out on Cam Arnotts car earlier this year.I have the pre 73 affliction pretty bad and would love to race a 901 around what I think are perfect tracks for them up here in qld-Lakeside and Morgan Park.Ive spent a lot of time on the Yellow car and its a great drive in well above average condition needing no more money spent-I just drive it!My commute is 130 round trip so is running better than ever.Unfortunately I can't keep two 901's as I have too many toys my wife informs me?
                Great forum guys,informative and entertaining,looking forward to a meet up with the Qld car owners in the near future,
                Cheers,
                Nic Marentis (Nic The Greek)

Comment

Ah, welcome buddy...
                  John Forcier
                  Restoration Saga

Comment

That's a lovely looking example Nic

Comment

Thanks Tony,they're all good looking cars no matter what the colour!
                      These cars are great to drive in comparison to the old Torana Xu1's that I've had in the past and I bought this car to use not leave in the shed!
                      Hopefully the next owner will do the same and I can have the the log booked road car that I desire

Comment

Hi Nic

Good to see you on here
                        Cam Arnott
                        Looking for engine #6208151
                        1970 911E (Sold)
                        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                        2 x Split Screen Kombis
                        TYP 901 Register # 78
                        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Looks like its gone.
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Quick and the dead...
                            John Forcier
                            Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                            X