Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibbs Brand Oil

Hi All

I got an email from the Aussie distributor of Gibbs Brand Oil today letting me know he has just shipped in new products.

This is a great product for preserving a range of materials, but particularly magnesium and alloys. It is the same product the US guys like, and it is what I use on my fan and wheels. I also used it on my leather Prototypo wheel (as suggested on on their website) and it did indeed clean the leather right up and protect it.

If any of you have other hobbies involving metal and moving parts needing protection, this stuff is great. I've still got heaps left from my original purchase and don't need more, so I thought I'd pass this on.

Just need someone to pick up the sword on Picklex20

I don't think the distributor will mind me posting the following details...

Hello John
    Not before time we have finally received our shipment of Gibbs Brand Lubricant & Penetrant from the USA.
    We now have available:-
    430 ml aerosol cans - $24.00 ea.
    1 Litre non spray bottles - $53.00 ea.
    Plus of course GST, freight and DG – I have a reasonably good deal with Toll Ipec now which is the cost of freight and then 50% loading for DG – The shipping cost for 1-6 cans is the approx. the same.
    Let me know if you require any.
    Cheers Wayne

Wayne R. Rushton

Phenix Industries Pty Ltd
    19b Dickson Ave, Artarmon, NSW, 2064
    Phone +61 2 9437 0666 Mob +61 418 769 413
    Email wayne@phenixindustries.com.au

John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Hi John,

is this some hip talk that I don't understand?

"just need someone to pick up the sword on Picklex20"

Comment

I agree John. It is terrific stuff. I have used it on the mag case extensively. Has all sorts of properties. I saw that email and the $27 plus freight price is about the same as the $35.00 cash I pay up here with a local distributor at the Sunshine Coast. Good value.
      Last edited by Merv; 19-12-14, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KDF View Post
        Hi John,

is this some hip talk that I don't understand?

"just need someone to pick up the sword on Picklex20"
        Ha. Picklex20 is another excellent product the US gets that no one distributes here. It is a 'rust eater' but differs from others in sofar as not needing to be washed off before painting, It will also protect raw metal from surface rust for months whilst youre working on significant metal repairs.

It is only available out of the States and costs 150% more to ship than for the product itself

Explore Picklex20, where cutting edge metal treatment meets innovation. Our solutions redefine the way you approach us. Call us.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John, I thought that Xtroll here had a similar product?

Comment

Any more sources for Gibbs Brand Oil in Aus? I can get some at $40 a can from Lake McDonald on the Sunshine Coast, but trying to save myself the drive ...

Comment

Working...
            X