928 with rare option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

928 with rare option?

It's on Gumtree at Porsche Brighton, only a dealer could make a tow at fitted to a sports car sound like a good thing.

wow, that's top money for a 928.

"Completely Original and NOT modified in any way" and then 2 sentences below:
    "This would be the only Australian 928S4 with a factory tow bar. It has never been used and was only fitted by the last elderly owner to avoid parking mishaps. However being a grand tourer, it may still come in handy for that long and enjoyable road trip."

I bet they used it against the 'elderly last owner' to keep the trade-in price down. Car Salespeople...

Link:
    Find Cheap and Discounted New and Used Cars, Vans & Utes available in Bentleigh 3204, VIC. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Top money, but it has very low KMs (44k) and full factory service history...

What a tow car!
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I've got a matching GTS928 they can park next to it - it's even rarer.....
        Tom Walstab
        Member #142
        911L Silver 1968
        911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
        928GTS Iris Blue 1995
        911 997 Targa 4S Black
        Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
        Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

I have a 928 with a tow bar - it is a knock out at Bunnings on the weekend!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Alex

Didn't you have a 928 ute at one stage?
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Great looking car. In my high school/uni days I can clearly remember drooling over the shiny new 928 sitting in the Porsche showroom . . . it was a seriously expensive car-- along with the whale tail 911 it was just right for the booming Gordon Gecko 1980s. Hard to believe that 25+ years have gone by!

Part of me would quite like to own one now, but unfortunately there are several other dreams sitting ahead of it in the queue. 993 Turbo in pole position for sure.

Comment

Hmm thats has to be the car Dave Belford was working on I thought owned by Mark.

The tow bar being a give away.

It was in unbeliavable condition I can attest to that not sure how it got to Porsche Brighton though.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I walked around the 928 at Brighton yesterday, fair to say its mint. The 356 they have on the floor is also very tidy.

928 would turn a few heads at the boat ramp..... let alone bunnings or the tip..!
                  Jeff Garvey
                  1971 911s (needs resto)

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                    Hmm thats has to be the car Dave Belford was working on I thought owned by Mark.

The tow bar being a give away.

It was in unbelievable condition I can attest to that not sure how it got to Porsche Brighton though.
                    Yeah Clyde, I thought that too as it would be too big a coincidence to have 2 928's the same colour and with the same option.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                      Great looking car. In my high school/uni days I can clearly remember drooling over the shiny new 928 sitting in the Porsche showroom . . . it was a seriously expensive car-- along with the whale tail 911 it was just right for the booming Gordon Gecko 1980s. Hard to believe that 25+ years have gone by!

Part of me would quite like to own one now, but unfortunately there are several other dreams sitting ahead of it in the queue. 993 Turbo in pole position for sure.
                      Hey Nick,

well, the 993 Turbo I can't help you with, but I have an ex-UK 1990 S4 that would make a terrific daily driver or towing vehicle that you can have for $18.000 that needs the rear and possibly front bumper re-painted....

Comment

Originally posted by KDF View Post
                        Hey Nick,

well, the 993 Turbo I can't help you with, but I have an ex-UK 1990 S4 that would make a terrific daily driver or towing vehicle that you can have for $18.000 that needs the rear and possibly front bumper re-painted....
                        Nice towing vehicle, but please don't tempt me! No, I have my heart set on a 993 for the next addition . . . just wish I had the garage space because I don't want to sell anything.
                        Last edited by npvpositive; 13-01-14, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                          Nice towing vehicle, but please don't tempt me! No, I have my heart set on a 993 for the next addition . . . just wish I had the garage space because I don't want to sell anything.
                          I feel you - brother....

I am up to seven. No space and the missus on my back....:p

Comment

Working...
                          X