Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB sports seats

Hi everyone,

I've got the comfort seats with houndstooth in my 70E and they are in great nick, however find them too soft. I shall keep them for posterity, but want to install a pair of sports seats.

I have read various older posts here but don't want to wait or have the hassle of shipping, etc from overseas and wonder if anyone has any ready to install.

Else, your opinion of these would be appreciated.

Discover top-quality motorsport safety equipment and gear at Revolution Racegear, Australia's leading supplier for motorsport safety equipment and performance accessories. Shop now!

Thanks in advance,
    sal

Hi Sal,

I bought a set of repro houndstooth sports seats from Phil. Check out the thread on my car for some pics.

They look great and Phil may be able to supply you a set quickly.

Cheers,

Harry

Comment

Sal,

GTS classics one of our sponsors do some nice seats.

Comment

Thanks Harry and Tony!

Harry, it was your pics that inspired me. Your seats (and videos) are fabulous.
        Why do you wear your watch on the right? I do too.

Dear Phil, if you're looking at this, please PM or call on 0439438246 and if you have something in stock or close by, I will definitely purchase from you.

Ps. I haven't picked up my car yet, it's getting it's roadworthy stuff done at Mr. Hearn's place. Don't think I'll get it this week, so no meeting folks on Sunday, but soon.

Cheers,
        Sal

Comment

Originally posted by stf911 View Post
          Thanks Harry and Tony!

Harry, it was your pics that inspired me. Your seats (and videos) are fabulous.
          Why do you wear your watch on the right? I do too.

Dear Phil, if you're looking at this, please PM or call on 0439438246 and if you have something in stock or close by, I will definitely purchase from you.

Ps. I haven't picked up my car yet, it's getting it's roadworthy stuff done at Mr. Hearn's place. Don't think I'll get it this week, so no meeting folks on Sunday, but soon.

Cheers,
          Sal
          Hi Sal,

Thanks! I'm a leftie hence the watch on the right hand.

Bring the 'stang on Sunday!

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Hi Harry,

Will bring Stang, but will have to work hard to keep up .

I'm a righty, but wear on my right as I had a scary bike accident in my teens..

Comment

Thanks for the advice gents. Phil's been in touch and has a set like Harry's, which I shall collect next week.

Regards,
              sal

Comment

Glad you're sorted

Comment

Thank you Tony! Very exciting. Cheers.

Comment

You will be happy with them Sal.

Comment

Thank you Merv, Really excited!

Actually, I "had to get them" as the existing "comfort" seats are seriously, dangerously unsupportive...

Cheers,
                      sal

Comment

Yes Sal, I was ready to buy some original comfort seats with the pepita inserts (as my car had originally on the CoA), but when I tested some they were not very good at all, even when re-padded. So the same seats in Phil's Le Mans style did the job beautifully. The original Recaro sports seats remain a future dream however, if ever I can justify the price to myself.

Comment

Thanks Merv, that gives me confidence.

I'll keep the old comfort/pepita's in my shed in case someone needs them in the future.

Cheers,
                          sal

Comment

Working...
                          X