Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

I want a set if these wheels. Does anyone have any for sale or know where they can be sourced. I know they are rare but no harm in asking.
    Attached Files

Hi Robin... Mahle gas burner wheels are super rare these days! I think a lot of them have been co-opted by the VW community in the past...

Can I just add a thought... have you seen a set in person? I personally recon they are the fugliest option ever offered to a pre-73 car - whenever I see a 911 with them it makes me think that its a car with cheap plastic hubcaps wheels on.
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

You can buy aftermarket repros in correct stud pattern from a lot of VW places if you don't need genuine?

Where are you located?
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

But of course, they were probably the lightest wheel ever offered on a 911! And there was a set here...

Mark Munro
        '69 911T (sold)
        '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
        '69 MG Midget Group S car
        TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Originally posted by markymark_1968 View Post
          But of course, they were probably the lightest wheel ever offered on a 911! And there was a set here...

http://206.214.215.12/forums/showthr...heels-Restored
          Yep original Porsche and super light. I want them.

Comment

Originally posted by markymark_1968 View Post

http://206.214.215.12/forums/showthr...heels-Restored
            I am not a member of the early 911 forum. Can anyone give me the contact details of the guy with these wheels. I would be them if still available.

Comment

The guy selling them can only be contacted via PM on the early 911S site.

He advertised these wheels in March this year.

i sent a PM asking if they are still available and to send his email address.

Not sure if these were sold as no note in the thread but at US$ 3500 the set, they would not have been snapped up that fast.

As pointed out, teh VW and 914 guys buy these but $3500 is usually out of their league.

I strongly suggest you join a few of these forums, especially early 911S registry, pelican parts etc as you will need to look on these sites for sure.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

A set sold recently on Aussieveedubbers for $2K; as Phil suggests, join some other forums where these come up.

Cheers
                Craig Sedgman
                914/6 GT Clone Project
                996 C2.1

Comment

Calling Andrew Vidler
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

More on early a if you're still looking Robin

I have a set of 5 Mahle Gas Burner wheels. Just came off a driving car, no wobbles or vibrations so they are true. No cracks or excessive corrosion. These wheels are magnesium so the are extremely light weight but also can have serious crack or corrosion problems if they were subject to harsh conditions - not the case with this set as they were on a Southern California car for many years and have not seem much use. Last time they were refinished it looks like they were sand blasted and painted

Comment

Working...
                    X