WTB: Interior for 70-71 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Interior for 70-71 911

Wanting to Buy - any and all interior parts for a 70-71 911 Coupe including:

Seats x 2 - period correct please but new, good or repairable OK
    Seat Runners to match
    Door Caps, Door Cards, Pulls, Arm rests and Bins
    Rear quarter upholstery and caps
    Parcel Shelf

I'm hoping someone is preparing a race car or lightweight so has the entire interior surplus to requirements.

Are you going for correct restoration or just period correct? Most of the stuff you're after can be pretty easily made up at home. Door cards are close to universal, line them with basket weave. Same basket weave across the dash area. Door tops a visually very similar across the years or just re upholster in fresh smooth vinyl yourself using contact cement. My door cards and back dash top are Corflute - waterproof and light. Seats are worth splashing out on with something from Phil if nothing else pops up.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi John,
      Period correct would probably be OK as date/series correct can get really expensive. New door cards, for example for the C/D series, with everything needed, run to around around $5,000 a pair!
      Personally, I really like the clean lines of the Singer cards (Pic below), but I don't know what series they came from or if you can buy the bucket/armrests they use.

I agree that Phil's seats are the best way to go for new, but its always worthwhile asking this forums to see if anyone has a pair that can be re-upholstered.

If money was no object, I'd spend the $10,000 and get an all new interior, but i am trying (not very well) to keep to some sort of sensible budget.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeff, page 54 of my resto thread here http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=2645&page=54 might give you an idea of what I mean... you can make up door cards out of corflute or thin marine ply (water proof), and upholster with basket weave vinyl and smooth vinyl from Classic British and German (www.prostitch.com.au). Definitely worth putting feelers out for some seats. Hope there's some inspiration for you.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Jeff, my car had the wrong door panels and seats, so I sourced the correct basket weave through Tony Garcia (http://www.autobahninteriors.com) and had the the door cards made up and also got some Porsche vinyl for some smaller bits from Prostitch in Australia. On the other sections (rear vertical sections, deck, door caps, trunk carpets and so on), wherever possible, I cleaned and refurbished rather than replaced. I wanted to keep some evidence of age.

My seats were via Phil Lack. I have a set of Comfort seats put away, but would not use them over the Torinos, as the latter are so comfortable and supportive for everyday use.
          Last edited by Merv; 27-12-14, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X