1971 911T to be auctioned, Shannons 2 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 911T to be auctioned, Shannons 2 March

My 1971 911T is to be auctioned at Shannons Sydney auction on 2 March 2015. It has original engine and 5 speed gearbox, and was originally a US car. I purchased car 3 years ago from a 901 member and have spent $45,000 on making it correct (as you do), with major items being a rebuild of its correct 2.2l engine, incl new clutch, extensive body work by ZAG in Sydney, rebuilt "S" type front calipers, struts, joints, bearings, shocks etc, new sports muffler, interior detailing, etc. Car comes with Fuchs wheels and "road" interior, but also comes with race wheels, seats, 6 point harnesses, rally computer and intercom, full roll cage (front half out of car) etc. Front strut brace fitted. Before engine rebuild, dyno at Michael Newton Automotive measured 97 kw at wheels. For Targa events, car is log-booked as Early Historic, unmodified, although it does have 7 inch front and 8 inch rear wheels, Fuchs plus race wheels. I have used it in NSW Classic Rally Club (navigation, not speed) events, and we won our class in 2014 competition. I am selling to part-fund a new Porsche. Car is equally usable as a Club car, a Sunday tourer or a tarmac rally car, depending on the bits you fit. See www.shannons.com.au for extra photos and details or e-mail me at chris@christopherhallam.com for info.
    Attached Files

Nice car Chris, is this Ed Clelands old car?
    Interesting that you have gone down the auction route.
    Shannons seem to be quoting a conservative price guide estimate http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/.../#.VNK5DtKUeSo

Comment

shannons price guides are like any auction price guide- low to get the punters in ...
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
        Nice car Chris, is this Ed Clelands old car?
        Interesting that you have gone down the auction route.
        Shannons seem to be quoting a conservative price guide estimate http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/.../#.VNK5DtKUeSo
        Yes it was once owned by Ed Cleland. Much water under the bridge since then. I was not happy with many details of car when I bought it, so spent money getting it better.

Chris

Comment

Chris's description above is way better than Shannons 'canned' early 911 stuff.

I too believe the estimate is low so lets see how the market calls it. Keen to see if auction route is better than carsales.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
          X