1968 911T at CTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 911T at CTS

For those interested, asking price is $150,000. Car has been repainted and seat retrim looks fairly recent. It's a sporto converted to manual.

As an aside, David Withers' 73RS has sold. It's going to the UK, not the US, despite being a LHD.
    Last edited by npvpositive; 27-03-15, 04:54 PM.

Great car, but really $150,000!

Comment

Holy Cow!

There's a few bits and pieces not quite right on face value... more than just the conversion. Steering wheel, wheels are wrong, carpet isn't right, window cranks, hood badge.

Love to know what it goes for - $150k and it's not a correct car?! It's certainly making my correct 68L harder to turn into a race car
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John
        In a previous conversation CTS indicated they would never put a converted 911 on their showroom floor.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
          John
          In a previous conversation CTS indicated they would never put a converted 911 on their showroom floor.
          Ahh! I've misread the 'conversion' as being steering when it is about the transmission. Mia culpa.

I still find the price to be extraordinary - perhaps not in a bad way, just *surprised

*So for the exercise (and I'm not meaning to be nasty-picky); colour, gearbox, steering wheel, wheels, window cranks, speaker holes, hood badge, carpet would need to be sorted if you were all about "correctness". The 68 year is brilliant if you have a complete car - many single year components found on no other year. But they are a bane if chasing originality and you're missing some of the above mentioned items!
          Last edited by Fishcop; 27-03-15, 04:17 PM.
          John Forcier
          Restoration Saga

Comment

Interesting. I like to see 68's so highly regarded. Pity about those speakers in the door panels but the seats look pretty right (3 screw plates) and should those Fuchs have 'hearts'?

Comment

Merv, those fuchs appear to be flat sixes. As you know, the correct wheels for 68 are the 68-only deep 5.5" Quite hard to source now.
              John Forcier
              Restoration Saga

Comment

I thiink the market that CTS are chasing is the English market. Seems the last 2 big sales went that way and not surprising given the shape of our $ and the fact that we are a dry RHD market.

Comment

Yes almost impossible now John. I have deeps, but 15x6. Not unhappy with them however, and when my new Michelins XWX 185's go on, even better. What seems wrong with the window cranks on the CTS car?

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                    I thiink the market that CTS are chasing is the English market. Seems the last 2 big sales went that way and not surprising given the shape of our $ and the fact that we are a dry RHD market.
                    Maybe I should see what my blue car attracts?
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Car value's go up. Insurance premiums go up. Parts go up (for no reason). Everything is against the general enthusiast.
                      Shame really.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

This will be interesting to watch.......

Comment

Nick

Did you get the chassis number by any chance
                          I think it may be one that has been there a couple of times before, but last time it had rubber on the bumper over riders and a nudge bar at the front as well as fog lights but only about 5000 miles less on the odo.
                          That car was a converted sporto with the same speakers in the doors.

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                          http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car2.html

For those interested, asking price is $150,000. Car has been repainted and seat retrim looks fairly recent. It's a sporto converted to manual.

As an aside, David Withers' 73RS has sold. It's going to the UK, not the US, despite being a LHD.
                          Hugh Hodges
                          1973 E
                          Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                            Maybe I should see what my blue car attracts?
                            John
                            Even though there is a price for everything..... If I was you I would sell my family before selling the blue car
                            Hugh Hodges
                            1973 E
                            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Given the current international market, and the work you have put in John, plus the exchange rate differential, I reckon you could crack that sort of money for your 69 car.

Paul M

Comment

Working...
                              X