WTB: Fuchs for spare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Fuchs for spare

Looking for 1 only 15" x 4.5 or 15" x 5.5 Fuchs wheel for use as my spare tyre.
    Repro is fine as I don't have date matched wheels anyway.
    I'm in Perth, so would need seller to be prepared to help with postage.

Both of those rim sizes are pretty rare Jeff. A flat six would be your cheapest genuine option
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I have a 15 x 4.5 Fuchs wheel but these are no longer cheap wheels. Havent decided on a price yet but might be high for use as just a spare.

I was in Perth a few days this last week and dropped by KTEC to see Brendan but alas, he was over in Germany visiting Technoclassica essen. I recently supplied him some seats for a project car .
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I'd go repro if it is for a spare. The Flat-4 wheels in 4,5" and 5.5" are great options IMO. I have a set of 4.5" Flat-4's and they are very close to the genuine 4.5" I have (except the Flat-4 is polished, the OG wheel is anodized). I hear the 5.5" are very close to the original wheels as well.

I've used CIP1 for orders in the past and they are very prompt with delivery:
        If it's Classic, Vintage VW Volkswagen Restoration, Wheels, Performance, Custom or Unique, it's In Stock @ Cip1.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, FWIW a flat-6 OG wheel might be a good alternative.

Cam

Comment

Perfect wheel Cam, and just what I need. US$99 is an amazing price as well.

I usually don't mind delivery costs being high from people like Pelican and Sierra Madra, because I can get a bundle of stuff in the one package.

$162 to delivery a $99 wheel seems poor overall value. Does anyone know how to get them here cheaper?

Comment

Yep, wheels are expensive to ship from the US. That's probably comparable to the price of a flat 6? Not sure of the value of flat-6's.

For reference, here's some shots of an OG 4.5" and a Flat-4 4.5".

Cam

Comment

Working...
            X