WTB 1970-1973 911t,e or s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 1970-1973 911t,e or s

I'm Looking for anything from an unfinished project to a fully restored concourse early 911. Preference is Australian Delivered 1970-1973 911e in Silver or Black, 5 spd, with Black & Pepita (houndstooth) interior, however will consider other colour combinations. Genuine cash buyer willing to spend up to $150k for the right car

I'm sure that with your stated budget you'll get some nibbles.

Good luck with the search.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrs911 View Post
      I'm Looking for anything from an unfinished project to a fully restored concourse early 911. Preference is Australian Delivered 1970-1973 911e in Silver or Black, 5 spd, with Black & Pepita (houndstooth) interior, however will consider other colour combinations. Genuine cash buyer willing to spend up to $150k for the right car

Aussie buyers arguably tend to have a preference for the later cars, which seems to be in contrast to the rest of the world.

Let me know if your tastes become a bit more sophisticated, and you decide you want an early S

Comment

On a more helpful note, I have PMed you the contact details for a car that fits your WTB almost perfectly.

Comment

Not interested in the early cars?

Comment

Is it a size thing?

Funny cpl new guys I've spoken to in last 6 mths have all stated they wouldn't touch a SWB , as it was seen as 'unsafe at any speed' a widow maker an unruly 3rd cousin best not spoken of.

After speaking with them for a bit they confess having never driven a SWB let alone a LWB.

BTW good luck with the hunt.

Comment

Send all you SWB to me.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                Is it a size thing?

Funny cpl new guys I've spoken to in last 6 mths have all stated they wouldn't touch a SWB , as it was seen as 'unsafe at any speed' a widow maker an unruly 3rd cousin best not spoken of.

After speaking with them for a bit they confess having never driven a SWB let alone a LWB.

Sounds like someone talking about the early 3.0 litre turbos, which despite much criticism now routinely fetch $250K prices.

Comment

Welcome Blackrs911, let us know your location. And feel free to make up a first name, I was "Simon" (pronounced with a lisp) when I worked for Telecom.

Good to see you're realistic; I'm amazed at what these cars are changing hands for now. Tweedle's 69T sale last fortnight was flabbergasting (in a happy way when you already own one). You're likely to get an offer or two from the good members here - and I would say 60-70% of the best early cars have some sort of history recorded on this forum.

Welcome again and good luck with your search.
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

swb are good too!
                    Last edited by mrar; 10-05-15, 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong quote
                    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                      Is it a size thing?

Always funny stuff. If that were true then the 356 market would be a shadow of its vibrant self and the international market for early 911's somewhat different. As they say "opinions are like ...(armpits)... ".

Comment

Working...
                      X