No announcement yet.

Gold 911T - ex CTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to purchase a 911T or E in this colour! Does anyone know if they officially came to Oz or whether there are many in the country?

The search begins!

Comment

I know of a gold targa that used to be in Sydney as well.

Think CTS also sold it a few years ago.
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

yes they came here as aust ordered, however if you think that finding any longhood is hard finding one of these is a needle in a haystack. it is not clear how many would have survived without being repainted in another color. that is what happened to a number of them in the USA - they were a metallic finish that was not great back in the day and along with silver metallic lead to a number of repaints.
        in 1971 there were 2 T sportos and 2 E sportos ordered in 8888 metallic gold. That is 4 cars out of almost 500 cars that were delivered between 1964 and 1973. This thread is about one and one of the E's was for sale in jan this year (may still be but is no longer gold and has been a race car for a long time (sometime in the 80's)
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh

Is it feasible that a gold coupe was delivered to Australia in manual guise????

Comment

Originally posted by FAP911 View Post
            Hugh

Is it feasible that a gold coupe was delivered to Australia in manual guise????
            On my records no cars other than the four I listed were ordered. That does not mean however that one may not have been converted later or imported separately later.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by SIR70t View Post
              It was then subsequently for sale in Mosman NSW in 2003/2 for 42k , I know as I drove it before buying my T at the time - very original with all records , it was owned by a Mosman Antique dealer on Military Road - had a 1969 280sl as well.
              Still sporto?
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
              X