Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clyde took them off

Comment

I'm sure they were kissed by at least one of Clyde's array of toothbrushes!
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Its a LHD car and I dont think its been restored. Its a very original car and as Hugh says, in the first 500.

Remember is $ 1.4M Aussie dollars so could appeal to UK or other OS buyers.
        Last edited by e72phil; 15-05-15, 12:08 PM.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Here are some pics of the car taken in Nov 2005 when I had driven my 72E Targa down from Seattle to California. I stayed at Rob Wolfords house and at the time, Rob owned RS # 197. MY blue Targa is in the RH side of the garage.

I believe Rob had recently bought it but not sure if it was directly from Japan or not. Rob sold it onto (I think) the guy who Clyde bought it off.
          Attached Files
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

My understanding is that Rob got it from Japan in April 2005 and sold it to Joe in late 2005/ early 2006 and then Clyde got it from Joe
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Rob bought it from Bill Noon at Symbolic, who sourced it in Japan

It is Bahia Red it was very original with the only issue being that the bottom was painted black in Japan I was looking at dry icing it to see if it would come off

Davids car was interesting, great resto, RS #197 was photgraphed top and bottom for a day so as to replicate all correct finishes on Davids car.

Yes the clone would have been an issue especially when the clone HAS the original books for car #406 also an issue was the engine so pretty good sell for $950k.

#197 had never had an accident , had zero rust anywhere but was missing original books (lost in the UK) plus all removeable items like tool kit, front and rear foot mats, jack etc. It has had a half cage in the UK so I suspect the whole lot was removed one race day and never made it back to the car

I had replaced everything with original items except for the red owners manual of course.

I was also in contact with the original owner through the President of the RS owners club.

Most recent owner didn't look after the car at all well, was left outside for a long time he added a crap copy mirror to the passenger side and had some of the suspension re painted and plated

Worse though is the polishing done I assume by Duttons and I assume the painting they have done.

All orange peel has been polished out of the car looks like super shiny wet paint, very artificial and they also blew over some of the panels as well.

Looks terrible in my opinion.

Its also now missing the MFI flapper box the wheels are in much worse shape than when I had it, all 10/72 from memory.

Of course I am sad I did not get to sell it for $1 million but the funds from my sale have allowed me to to a lot of other business related things that have generated considerable income since 2009 so I don't think I am far behind to tell the truth, if at all, and I could not have done them without selling the car

A couple of pics from when it was still in awesome shape note the front alloy cross member
              Attached Files
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi All,

I had a good look at this car at MotorClassica and, as Clyde said, it appeared to have not been well looked after by it's current owner which is a real shame.

I recall the wheels having had the tell tale sales of being washed by a commercial car wash as they were badly stained (not that you can tell from the photo) from the caustics used at those places and it was resplendent with bird crap.

Cheers,

Harry.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sold. North of $1m Aus.
                  Mick

Comment

Yes but it was a struggle...prices for these have flattened quite a bit in the USA but this is a super original car so still at the pointy end.

Went to Europe I hear.
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Off to London.
                      Mick

Comment

Working...
                      X