• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fs: 911t @ cts

No affiliation....

Cheers,

Harry.

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car5.html

It is interesting that a car like this that seems to have some rust issues, a transplanted motor, 4 speed, and many other things to be considered is put on the floor at CTS. Shows their estimate of the appetite in the current market.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
      It is interesting that a car like this that seems to have some rust issues, a transplanted motor, 4 speed, and many other things to be considered is put on the floor at CTS. Shows their estimate of the appetite in the current market.
      Exactly my thoughts Merv, I thought that CTS only dealt in the best original cars?

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

CTS are probably struggling to get top-tier early 911s. In this market where a good car will sell itself - why engage a middleman?
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Makes sense John.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            CTS are probably struggling to get top-tier early 911s. In this market where a good car will sell itself - why engage a middleman?
            If I was selling now I'd consider using them because their inventory is closely watched by people in the UK. Suspect that's where top dollar prices are being found at the moment (sad though it is to see cars heading overseas).

Does anyone know what a place like CTS charges for their services though? I suspect it's a big % of the proceeds.

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
              If I was selling now I'd consider using them because their inventory is closely watched by people in the UK. Suspect that's where top dollar prices are being found at the moment (sad though it is to see cars heading overseas).

Does anyone know what a place like CTS charges for their services though? I suspect it's a big % of the proceeds.
              A few years ago I'd have agreed, but a little bit of savvy searching on the web (automated periodic searches) and not much advertised around the world slips through. There will always be some cars traded within "circles", but unless you genuinely play regularly at Pebble Beach et al you probably won't make those circles anyway.

The advantage of CTS and Ecurie (a part from contacts) would be contemporary knowledge of market prices. But most of us have a feel for the value of our cars and once again some research through Hagerty and others would get you close to the mark.

If you had a 80-100% early Porsche car to sell, a post on DDK, EarlyS, Pelican, Rennlist and facebook directing traffic to a temporary website dedicated to the car, would likely net you the attention of 99% of genuine buyers or agents within a week.

Sure there is some effort there, but the cost would be less than the consignment percentages on $100k plus cars. I'd guess it's somewhere between 5-10% ?

All this presumes you have a vested interest in the process and want the best dollars you can in your pocket. If you simply want it done and dusted then using someone like CTS or Ecurie is a no brainer.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post

Wondering if they are risking reputation by peddling non premium product.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ911 View Post
                  Wondering if they are risking reputation by peddling non premium product.
                  I don't think so,they sold a red C3.o a few years ago that was in need of full resto. They still seem to be selling cars.
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

emmachizzit?

Comment

16 in wheels, CIS motor, pretty rough.

Hmmmmm......
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Anyone asked the price?

Not in the market, just curious.
                        Jeff Eelkema
                        TYP 901 #132
                        S-Reg #1431
                        69E (project)
                        various bevel Ducatis
                        60s Vespa

Comment

I think I would still be talking to Ecurie, my local guys

Comment

Just called asking price if $55K and car is on consignment.

Comment

So owner is hoping for $50K and Rory gets $5K ?

Assume they are selling "as is" or with the missing bits included ?
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                              Early 911-S Registry # 690
                              R-Gruppe # 367
                              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X