73T Targa UK delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73T Targa UK delivered

73T Targa with full E engine and MFI advertised this morning on Car Sales gone by mid afternoon.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Come on....... Do we have to beg you for photos?

Show us your latest purchase!
    Kane Kennedy
    Typ 901 Register #204
    71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Gone back over the pond I think, owner indicated as much when I spoke to him.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Straight to the pool room.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I'm so depressed & not really enjoying my 901 love anymore...I can see no upside in the recent price increases at all !! Cars are moving from enthusiast to collector, from racetrack to heated warehouse and I'm too scared to trade any spare parts for fear of never being able to buy them back again.....I wonder if Ferrari owners felt this way 20-30 years ago ?

I liked it when we were an odd minority....

Cheers
          Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
          1994 993 (road car)
          1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
          1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
          PCV #528

Comment

Did someone say pics?
            Attached Files
            Damian Royce
            TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by mr901 View Post
              I can see no upside in the recent price increases at all !! Cars are moving from enthusiast to collector, from racetrack to heated warehouse and I'm too scared to trade any spare parts for fear of never being able to buy them back again.....
              Cheers
              I couldn't agree more! You would think it was a good thing but it really makes it hard to risk the car on a track. Let make sure we don't become the Ferrari of the future with cars that no one sees....
              Tom Laube
              Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
              VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

I wonder if some of the upsurge in prices, here at least, is due to the very low interest rates and the perception that these cars are 'money in the bank'? That is to borrow the money, in the relative confidence that the appreciation rate exceeds the interest cost?

Comment

I think that is certainly part of it Merv. However, I believe that the 2 main factors are the low $A and the prices that these cars, particularly for RHD cars in the UK, make overseas. Even though it is not original, I think that the value of this car in the UK would be at least 3 times its local asking price.

Comment

Besides that there are no uk taxes on reimporting a car that was originally delivered there as opposed to a USA car or even a RHD car originally delivered here
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Those wanting a car to use here are in trouble then.

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
                        Besides that there are no uk taxes on reimporting a car that was originally delivered there as opposed to a USA car or even a RHD car originally delivered here
                        You've nailed it Hugh. I've spoken to a few Brits regarding our cars and the big carrot for them is that VAT and duty does not apply to a car delivered in the UK no matter how long it has been abroad. So you can see the attraction of an early car that escaped 30-40 years of UK weather and salt, and one that only costs 1500 odd pounds to bring home... South African cars were the prize (California type weather) but they have mostly all returned now.

An Aussie car (or other RHD market) is still attractive, but will cost nearly 20% more than purchase price landed and driving in the Old Blighty. I stand to be corrected, but at this price a Euro delivered LHD is a little more attractive under EU rules of import.
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by mr901 View Post
                          I'm so depressed & not really enjoying my 901 love anymore...I can see no upside in the recent price increases at all !! Cars are moving from enthusiast to collector, from racetrack to heated warehouse and I'm too scared to trade any spare parts for fear of never being able to buy them back again.....I wonder if Ferrari owners felt this way 20-30 years ago ?

I liked it when we were an odd minority....

Cheers
                          Originally posted by Oldskl60 View Post
                          I couldn't agree more! You would think it was a good thing but it really makes it hard to risk the car on a track. Let make sure we don't become the Ferrari of the future with cars that no one sees....
                          So you can imagine my mindset whilst welding in the mounting plates for my 68's roll cage yesterday At the risk of sounding like a teenager "YOLO"

I don't get depressed - I didn't pay what is being asked for the cars now, and I can't take 'em with me when I'm gone. I'm thankful I was lucky enough to get bitten by the bug early and always preferred the F series over G. And through blind luck I've got a couple of assets that don't seem to be depreciating.

I do believe early Porsche stuff is in a bit of a bubble though - money has never been cheaper. When the interest rates begin to climb, that will set the mood. If it's gradual, no problem - but if rips up...? I think we've seen before that these kinds of 'assets' are the first to be bailed when the economy goes pear shaped. Remember when an A9X or XU1 was fetching $300k not so long ago...? (albeit great examples of their ilk) - under half that price now.
                          John Forcier
                          Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                            73T Targa with full E engine and MFI advertised this morning on Car Sales gone by mid afternoon.
                            What was the asking price ?
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                            Early 911-S Registry # 690
                            R-Gruppe # 367
                            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                              What was the asking price ?
                              $105k I think was the ask.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mrar; 05-06-15, 05:12 PM.
                              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                              X