Rear Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Windscreen

I am putting in new glass into 71T so starting looking for front and rear windscreens.. Front are easy and can be obtained without drama, but new rear windscreen is a very different matter.
    Our local Perth dealer quoted me $1,600.
    Any suggestions?

Hi Jeff,

Does it need to be brand new? Have you tried Swans or aPorschapart?
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

I'm not sure if it depends on what type you get? I'm not sure if they all have rear defrosters and some come tinted. I know mine has factory tinted windows and rear defroster, and when I last looked for a replacement it was as dear as poison!

Comment

15 years ago had an XP Falcon Coupe and thru clumsiness managed to smash the rear screen . At the time it cost $500 secondhand. Ouch

Comment

$1600 is the going rate, i cant see you wanting to put an old scratched one into a newly restored car, and if side glass was factory tint, rear will be as well.

Comment

Agree with everyones advice so new it is.
            There does not seem to be a part number of a non-heater rear, so all appears to be heated and timed.

So $2100 for front and back glass, $400 for the new polished aluminium trims and a couple of hundred for new seals all adds to the pleasure (pain) of restoring an early 911. Just does not pay to be add up sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X