bin and gone 74 Targa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bin and gone 74 Targa

Listed on car sales yesterday at $49,900 - gone today.

I think i mean been and gone....

Yep
    Listed at about 9am yeaterday at The Healey Factory in Ringwood. Ex UK imported into Australian in 1976 all there, matching numbers just needed work and putting back to stock panels etc. Rang at around 10AM to see what it needed drove across for at look at 3.30PM to see what $50K buys on this market and had already been sold.

Comment

The bloke I saw in Sydney yesterday has a IB ex UK RHD Targa shell for sale for $8K. It's as close as anything I've seen that I'd say is totally rust free - quite extraordinary.

Julian

Comment

I hate to be one of "those" blokes, but if that sold for anything like that money, considering all the things which are not correct, how much is an Aussie delivered matching numbers unmodified '74 Targa worth?

Surely the attraction of a 1974 car is that it has the same skinny body as the 901 cars, albeit with IBs and a short hood?

Sorry.

Comment

Chris
          It was apparantly bought by a tourist who will return it to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
            Surely the attraction of a 1974 car is that it has the same skinny body as the 901 cars, albeit with IBs and a short hood?
            I fully agree with you Chris. The 74-77 cars are the closest looking to the 901 variants, so it's no surprise that they're becoming more sought after.

Comment

Working...
            X