Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

901s at Lorbek

Hi All,

For those interested...... I drove past Lorbek's today and noticed 2 901s in the front window, one appeared to be Tweedle's old car the other a silver '73 RS Replica (possibly a backdate).

Cheers,

Harry.

Okay so does that mean there's a possible link between Lorbek/Dutton/CTS? Will we see that 904 at Lorbeks? (the horror)
    Who owns who in the zoo?

Comment

There may be another player as the owner of Tweedles car has a car dealers licence too.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Its the Greek LMCT mafia
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
          Okay so does that mean there's a possible link between Lorbek/Dutton/CTS? Will we see that 904 at Lorbeks? (the horror)
          Who owns who in the zoo?
          Johns 904?

Comment

And just for the record after Tweedles car was sold ( as i had PM ed him) i went down to Dutton as they had it for sale shortly thereafter . 3 kids in tow and i was told the car was sold at $150k.. Only to see it on their website again for weeks. This time the other chap on the phone said it "might" be for sale "at a price" but i need to determine how much. 3 weeks later still on the website and a visit (again) and told it was "never sold" and they are asking $178k. Was the car originally sold to a 901 member? and if so why up for sale 2 weeks later? Clearly it was flipped. A lot of people are looking, well, you be the judge... And i know other 901 members are flipping cars also....

Not sure the forum should be a tool for flipping cars for commercial gain......

I stopped working with merchant bankers a while ago - thought they were out of my life.... I thought lawyers had a bad reputation .... but i look better than that
            Last edited by mario lanza; 20-08-15, 11:25 AM.
            [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Money is up and the sharks are circling

I don't feel the board is being used for commercial gain by anyone, and I can't say I blame anyone for capitalising on an asset. Even though a lot of us didn't see the cars as assets when we first bought them...

I do hate that the recent quantum jump in prices has brought a 'different' kind of buyer other than a simple enthusiast into the mix, but at the end of the day it ensures these old cars are respected and looked after.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by mario lanza View Post
                And just for the record after Tweedles car was sold ( as i had PM ed him) i went down to Dutton as they had it for sale shortly thereafter . 3 kids in tow and i was told the car was sold at $150k.. Only to see it on their website again for weeks. This time the other chap on the phone said it "might" be for sale "at a price" but i need to determine how much. 3 weeks later still on the website and a visit (again) and told it was "never sold" and they are asking $178k. Was the car originally sold to a 901 member? and if so why up for sale 2 weeks later? Clearly it was flipped. A lot of people are looking, well, you be the judge... And i know other 901 members are flipping cars also....

Not sure the forum should be a tool for flipping cars for commercial gain......

I stopped working with merchant bankers a while ago - thought they were out of my life.... I thought lawyers had a bad reputation .... but i look better than that
                Not purchased by a 901 member.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                X