Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 2.7 EFI Hot Rod Engine

Hi All,

Looking to fund a rebuild of my original engine so I'm moving the hot rod engine on.

The specs are below with the exception of the Varioram Intake which has been replaced by 46mm PMO ITBs. The Motec ECU has been replaced by a Wolf system but the Motec ECU and loom are included in the sale:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=motec

Engine has had a recent top end overhaul and cosmetic going over (at considerable expense), it currently blows a little smoke on startup possibly due to incorrect valve stem seals being used. It doesn't effect performance in any way and is an easy fix with the engine out.

Engine is currently in the car and is running beautifully and welcome to any test.

Video of it running here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AaQk5j7ROs

Price: $25,000.00

Cheers,

Harry.

FS: New 2.7L Hot Rod Motor: Titanium + Motec + Varioram

This proven one-of-a-kind motor has been freshly rebuilt from the crank up by PCA National Technical Committee member and ex-Bayside Racing Porsche mechanic Chris Powell of Bellevue, WA. Brand New. Zero Hours. No expense was spared in producing this very powerful yet fully drivable Varioram intake Motec EFI programmed 911 flat six.

270 flywheel HP at 6600 rpm and 230+ Ft. Lb. of Torque at 4250 rpm with Elgin 993 non-hydraulic Sport Cams. Over 290 HP can be achieved at 7600 rpm with 314/304 Race Cams. Records and testimonials available. Fully tested and sorted over four years. Super reliable. This 1-year build custom motor is complete and ready to install in your 911 today. Fits 2.7L race categories and sounds awesome - higher pitched than a 2.8 RSR engine. This motor includes the following installed items:

Motec M48 Engine Management: Fully optioned and optimized Motec EFI with wide band lambda, advanced fuel and ignition tuning, and logging, plus Motec IEX Ignition Expander feeding 12 individual Nippon-Denso coils near plugs with integral ignitor. Motec M48, IEX and harness installed, terminated and programmed by Chris Powell, factory trained and authorized Motec Dealer. Flexible maps for sport or race cams are provided to ensure perfect drivability, no stumbling and maximum safe horsepower and timing at all RPMs (over 50 hours of expert dyno, track and road tuning invested). Comes complete with PC laptop computer, Motec program, manual, interface, and all EFI maps

Varioram Induction ('98 993 Intake): Variable length intake runners adapted to early 911 heads with CNC billet aluminum injection couplers and 944 Turbo (951) fuel injectors. Fully tested to produce maximum torque over a broad power band (over 200 Ft. Lb. from 3300 to 6600 RPM with sport cams).

Custom Pauter Titanium Rods: (33% lighter than chrome moly)

Custom Pauter flowed 2.4 MFI Twin Plug 911 Heads: Modified for 51 I/42.5 E valves with flowed/matched 42/40 ports (HP plus torque). Gorgeous.

1967 Aluminum 911 Case: (strongest available for this motor) Case is fully machined, piston squirted, oil modified, and boat-tailed with GT3RS Oil Pump. Other parts installed: Custom Pauter knife-edged, cross-drilled and beveled edge long stroke crankshaft, NASCAR rod bearings, Mahle Nikasil 2.7L cylinders, Custom JE 90mm lightweight short skirt triple-coated pistons, 11:1 measured and verified compression ratio (safe with Motec sport map timing and 91 octane street gas), Lightweight wrist pins, Custom 51/42.5 Titanium valves, Titanium retainers, Aasco race springs, Polished rockers, 993 Sport cams, Turbo valve covers, ARP head studs, Carrera engine oil cooler, Carrera tensioners, Shuffle pinned Carrera chain housings, new chains and starter, and much more. Every critical part magnafluxed, micro-polished and balanced before assembly. This motor moves a lot of air and spins up very quickly! RPM limit can be pushed to 8500 safely.

The Rest: 1973 911 RSR flywheel (well secured), Sachs Sport 915 clutch, Carrera fan and fan housing, India red shroud, Carbon fiber block off plates, Clewett serpentine race pully/fan belt with custom Motec trigger sensor, RSR style motor mounting crossbar, 1 5/8" European Racing headers with lambda sensor, Monty dual-in/dual-out sport muffler, and custom sheet tin - all installed by Chris' German Auto Service in Bellevue, WA.

Easily converted to GT3 injectors and individual throttle bodies if you want to go REALLY crazy. Add a wild cam and you will hit well over 300 hp with insane throttle response.

Multiple class wins: 2006 Winner: NW Regional PCA Auto X Series - MO Class, 2006 Winner: SCCA Solo2 NW National Tour - FP Class, 2006 Trophy: National PCA Porsche Parade Auto X

If you want a brand new, no excuses, all the bugs worked out, ready-to-go hot rod 911 motor that is fully Motec programmed and spins up (and down) faster than any flat six motor under 3L, this is it. Just plug and play - street or track. A one-of-a-kind super responsive air-cooled motor that sounds like a Ferrari.

Attached Files

Looks a great deal Harry.

Comment

Thanks Merv, I think it is

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Don't they all smoke on start up Harry ?? Even the new ones! I am sure this will not last long. Good luck.
        Last edited by Cairns888; 24-08-15, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
          Don't they all smoke on start up Harry ?? Even the new ones! I am sure this will not last long. Good luck.
          Thanks Jim!

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Want but cannot have :-(
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I've had the pleasure of driving Harry's car with this engine. It goes like stink!!!! Just what you need in the back seat.
              Tim

Comment

harry is the exhaust shown the SCART?

Is the dansk 2 in 2 out?

Anyone who has followed harry and looked and listened admiringly and longingly at his butt care too comment on the sound of the SCART?

Anyone care to comment on SCART versus DANSK? how musical are they? droney etc

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post

Is the dansk 2 in 2 out?

Anyone who has followed harry and looked and listened admiringly and longingly at his butt care too comment on the sound of the SCART?

cheers
                  This is a very weird post.
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Is the dansk 2 in 2 out?

cheers
                    Hi Michel,

Not sure that anyone has ever looked longingly at my butt but the exhaust shown is the Scart.

The Dansk fitted to the engine now is is a 2 in 1 out standard muffler.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                      This is a very weird post.
                      oh too much obfuscating?

Comment

oh too much obfuscating?
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Is the dansk 2 in 2 out?

cheers
                          Not sure about his butt however the Scart I could hear 3km from my house when he left in a hurry one day
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                            Not sure about his butt however the Scart I could hear 3km from my house when he left in a hurry one day
                            Always leave in a hurry with an engine like that.

Comment

in cabin sound is what im interested in - can it be lived with easily? does it drone on like me...

anyone else had experience with SCART and can make a comparison between that and DANSK?

Comment

Working...
                              X