Green 1972 911S at Duttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green 1972 911S at Duttons

A green 1972 911S has popped up on the Duttons website, it's been a while since a RHD 911S has been on the open market. No details shown as yet, anyone know this car?
    Cheers,
    Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Clyde
    Is this car Condor Green mmm!!!

Comment

It is the ex pat Burke ( when it was new) car. Converted when new before delivery by scuds with 2.8 engine all the good RS bits etc.
      it has always attracted a very special price so will be interesting to see how it is treated now when people are paying up for "originality".
      Is a car converted before delivery to one of the major sponsors of Porsche racing at the time, and by an official dealer, to RS / RSR specs going to be treated as a modified hot rod or as something different???

Neville it should be viper green but certainly does not look like it in those photos
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

We know Porsche Australia 'delivered' some interesting anomalies...
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
          It is the ex pat Burke ( when it was new) car. Converted when new before delivery by scuds with 2.8 engine all the good RS bits etc.
          it has always attracted a very special price so will be interesting to see how it is treated now when people are paying up for "originality".
          Is a car converted before delivery to one of the major sponsors of Porsche racing at the time, and by an official dealer, to RS / RSR specs going to be treated as a modified hot rod or as something different???

Neville it should be viper green but certainly does not look like it in those photos

Here I think is it's 'period' look with the front valance as fitted early in it's life.....not seen (m)any of this style of front spoiler, so was it removed of late as it's not 'factory' - no mention of it on the spec sheet ? Previously at CTS 4 or 5 years ago I think it was....
          Attached Files

Comment

compare

Cant' work out which look I prefer.....but it's not a "Carrera" so the current script is more apt i guess. Great car but needs period profile tyres to fill up those guards.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 1st; 24-08-15, 11:14 AM.

Comment

This one had a great options list.
              It started as a 1972 2.4S in viper green with black leatherette and black and white pepita interior, but factory optioned with limited slip diff (220), sports seats , Koni Shocks, roll bar (420), rear window wiper, engine compartment light, electric windows, and chrome wheel arch trim (426) and then SVM added 2.8 pistons and cylinders, RS rear guards and widened front guards, uprated torsion bars, wider wheels - not sure what size but maybe 7 and 8? , RS rear spoiler and RSR front spoiler, and the car lowered (it still looks low compared to most other cars)

i just went and had a look at it. the photos dont do it justice, especially the colour. it is still viper green and much darker / richer than the photos that look washed out - at least the green does
              Last edited by HughH; 24-08-15, 11:25 AM.
              Hugh Hodges
              1973 E
              Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Good to be retired Hugh, no impediments to Porsche business.

What are they asking?
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                  Clyde
                  Is this car Condor Green mmm!!!
                  No Neville different car
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                    Good to be retired Hugh, no impediments to Porsche business.

What are they asking?
                    I didn't ask Clyde......I think it is in the if you have to ask you can't afford it range :p.
                    I am not sure that I will stay retired for long..... Too much pressure at home to get out and do something useful or your brain will waste away :p. and I thought that doing this stuff was keeping me active :p:p:p
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Part time is good Hugh ...

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                        Part time is good Hugh ...
                        Merv wife says " these people are not helping". :p
                        Hugh Hodges
                        1973 E