68S engine case for sale 4080992

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

68S engine case for sale 4080992

I purchased this case from France as a close number replacement for mine, however I ended up finding the correct engine and so this is now surplus.
    901/02 case, 13342 serial number, engine number is 4080992.
    I would like to get around $5000 shipped.
    Last edited by 9er; 18-12-15, 09:03 AM.

chris
    had you not found the original engine, why did you pursue an engine close to correct ?
    what do you think having an engine number close to the correct one does to the overall value of the car ?
    or is it simply still that the car is not matching number ?
    my targa is missing its original motor and whilst i have a complete T/E MFI motor for it i'm undecided about searching for a 911/52 case ...
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Engine is sold pending payment.

Craig, I was of the belief that the overall value of the 1968 S would have been better if it at least had a correct 1968 S engine casing.
      But I am wrong on a regular basis

Comment

I am not sn expert in anyway however I am with Chris on this one. I reckon correct year S engine very close to the original number is not as good as matching numbers but is much much better than a total miss match or hot rod engine.

Comment

Well done on the sale Chris. Numbers mean nothing to me, however that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
            Engine is sold pending payment.

Craig, I was of the belief that the overall value of the 1968 S would have been better if it at least had a correct 1968 S engine casing.
            But I am wrong on a regular basis
            chris
            thanks, i agree about the correct for year or type and intrinsic value, i'm just wondering now if its worth pursuing a 911/52 case for the targa being an E.
            regards
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Personally i would be trying to find the correct year E designated engine within a close numeric range of the original as I believe this would bring the car mack to correct specifications and engine but non matching numbers. I retained a spare motor(correct year and sequence number) for my rare 67.5 Datsun Roadster just in case and it was 1 of only 1000 produced worldwide. My car was the Nissan Factory promo and press road test car..

Comment

Working...
              X