replica fuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replica fuchs

I've searched the threads related to Fuchs wheels but cant find any reference to these replica wheels. Does anyone have knowledge of them?

Gear up for the future with Fikse Specialty Series. Pre-order the next generation of Fikse Wheels and be at the forefront of performance and style.

Not sure about those Chester, but the Braid replicas are OK.

If you do google search on the Pelican Forum there are quite few reports, e.g.,:http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...se-wheels.html
    Last edited by Merv; 02-01-16, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Merv

Comment

Hi Chris,

I believe quite a few people on Pelican have used Fiske wheels and I also think that Singer have used them on their cars.

Cheers,

Harry.
        Last edited by Terminator; 04-01-16, 08:09 AM.

Comment

They website only mentions 17" and 18" wheels.
          Do they do 15" ?

What do 17's look like on a LWB?

Comment

I don't like to hijack threads, but I will on this occasion because no-one seems to have looked at it in a while...

Is there any sage advice on cheap (e.g. EMPI) fuchs replicas Vs OE Steel wheels?

From a budget perspective, I like the fuchs look on the 912, but can appreciate the OE steel wheels for originality. Push comes to shove, I think I would go with EMPI fuchs (currently have some cheap replicas that aren't worth cleaning up), but I really don't want to throw good money after bad.

On that note too - would anyone want some cheap replica fuchs? Maybe as wheels for a rolling chassis?

N

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Second those Fuchs. Pm sent

Comment

Can anyone with experience importing parts from the US give me some advice on costs? Exchange rate, transport and tax would seem to make it an expensive proposition.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chesterc View Post
                    Can anyone with experience importing parts from the US give me some advice on costs? Exchange rate, transport and tax would seem to make it an expensive proposition.

Thanks
                    depends on how much you are spending ?

I just bought some p's and c's out of the US, $3250 USD I think with shipping, exchange and tax they will cost me about $5500 AUD.

I got a small discount paying by wire transfer, slightly better exchange rate thru the bank rather than Paypal, the vendor RMEuropean uses USPS, 2 options with that, I've never had an issue with USPS, some people wont go near them ?

under $1000 AUD just pay by Paypal and ship USPS and it will probably not attract the attention of Customs.

more than $10K AUD and I think you need to start considering using OZFOREX or the like, pretty sure that's what Phil has recommended
                    previously.

HTH
                    Craig
                    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                    1972 2.4E Targa project
                    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Wasn't there a (former)member on here selling new replicas? Simon Froude?
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
                        depends on how much you are spending ?

I just bought some p's and c's out of the US, $3250 USD I think with shipping, exchange and tax they will cost me about $5500 AUD.

I got a small discount paying by wire transfer, slightly better exchange rate thru the bank rather than Paypal, the vendor RMEuropean uses USPS, 2 options with that, I've never had an issue with USPS, some people wont go near them ?

under $1000 AUD just pay by Paypal and ship USPS and it will probably not attract the attention of Customs.

more than $10K AUD and I think you need to start considering using OZFOREX or the like, pretty sure that's what Phil has recommended
                        previously.

HTH
                        Did you not end up getting the 2.2S p&C's on Early911S?

Comment

Hi,

I'm looking for a sensible alternative to the unaffordable original RSR 9" & 11" Fuchs' for my RSR replica project. I can't justify spending ~$15K on the originals, especially since they are over 40 years old, which to me seems a bit of a safety concern as well.

I've seen both Maxilite and Braid BZ have alternatives that have the correct offset.

It looks as if these all are semi-forged (two parts welded) and the Braid ones seem to have a slightly different lip, and both can be ordered in the correct RSR finish, so that looks promising.

Does someone here have experience with either of them?

Paul, did you buy the Braid BZ ones in the end?
                          Clyde, what did you use for the ST?
                          1973 911T Coupe
                          1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

I've seen some of the Braid BZ's on a 2.8RSR replica up here in Sydney.

With TB15's mounted they really look the goods.

The owner of the car is very particular, did his research, and is very happy with the wheels.
                            Justin Reed
                            aka Reedminor
                            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                            1961 356B #114700
                            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Sent you a PM Patrick
                              John Forcier
                              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                              Restoration Saga
                              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                              X